"If Found" Message on Lock Screen

alm0614

Reaction score
Yea i could imagine, its just odd none of the reviews of froyo on lifehacker or anything mentioned that.. positive its not an app?

OP
Mattpfeil

Mattpfeil

Reaction score
I have no idea what could be causing it, I looked on my phone at the list of apps installed and on appbrain and couldnt find anything that could do it.

SEGA

Reaction score
My Moto Droid 2.2 does not have this feature as well..

but even before the update I had the (Contact Owner) app.

It does the same exact thing, and takes up no resources, when your screen is locked it shows the contact info you set.

Best bet until an update for the update.. lol

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
ya you can have custom stuff on the lockscreen like on cm6 and i think the new ud froyo but idk bout stock

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
i have it on ud...think it's a ud, cyanogen thing

mjlthuston

Reaction score
I have it on my screen and it is from my antivirus program. You can make changes in the settings.

OP
Mattpfeil

Mattpfeil

Reaction score
I never did find out what was causing it, but I did a couple more reboots and battery pulls and I havent seen it since right after lunch. I don't know what was going on though. Thanks for the suggestions though.

TurtleBug

Reaction score
Me Too!

I am new. I have this same random messages on my lock screen and I did a google search that landed me here. Although, I am not sure I see a solution. Reboots and battery pulls to fix it?

And...my issue came with the phone from the store, without any apps downloaded yet...

TurtleBug

Reaction score
Found it!

In the anti virus..the yellow pill....there is a setting that allows you to customize the message!