DROID Bionic as a desk and alarm clock

Adweber328

Reaction score
Hello,
I have been using my Bionic as my alarm clock since I got it. I have a dock at home, and the display stays on all night when docked. I also periodically dock my phone while at work, which also keeps the display on.

I realize that the phones are meant to be used and they wouldn't build these features into these phones if they were bad for them... right?

My question is this:
How many people dock their phones and use them as alarm clocks, and have you ever encountered any problems with prolonged use and the brightness or sharpness of the screens?

I am concerned that I am wearing out my display by keeping it on all night while I am asleep.

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I used the app Bedside for almost two years on my Droid1 and am now using it on my Bionic. I have never seen any negative results. Admittedly I did not use it at work too, but I did use it 7 days a week every night, all night.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I just use the basic alarm clock function, no docks or anything. Rests on my floor by my bed and usually wakes me up for school :p

OP
Adweber328

Adweber328

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the responses. I feel a little better knowing you used yours for two years without issues.
I guess if I find my results to be different, insurance will help out.

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Detonation

Reaction score
You'll probably have upgraded to your next phone by the time your current phone reaches its screen life expectancy, even if you're leaving it on all night. I don't know the exact numbers, but the screens are rated in the thousands of hours, if not 10,000.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You'll probably have upgraded to your next phone by the time your current phone reaches its screen life expectancy, even if you're leaving it on all night. I don't know the exact numbers, but the screens are rated in the thousands of hours, if not 10,000.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Very true. The feature to leave it on all the time wouldn't even be available if they knew that the screens would just "burn in".

Just a little too bright for me even on dim mode, so I don't use it.