"If Found" Message on Lock Screen

Mattpfeil

Reaction score
Ever since I updated my phone to 2.2 yesterday, on my lock screen where the alarm should display it says "If found, please call "name" at "number", Thank You". It even still has the little Alarm Clock symbol right next to it.

It also shows up in the little Desk Clock feature that they included in the update, if I tap on it there it takes me to the alarm.

I vaguely remember setting such a message right after I got the phone in February, but I disabled it and havent seen it since. Does anyone know how to make this stop, or how to delete/edit this message?

I don't have any third party ICE apps or anything like that.

I would post a screen shot of my lock screen but I am not exactly sure how to do so.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
My phone has never done this, and sometimes I wish it would, look in settings/security and see if you have any options to change it.

alm0614

Reaction score
Is this included with 2.2? I havent seen such a thing

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
there is a setting to make it say whatever you want in the security settings you can disable it if you want i would tell you exactly where it is but my phone is out of commission at the moment

Tino

Reaction score
Ever since I updated my phone to 2.2 yesterday, on my lock screen where the alarm should display it says "If found, please call "name" at "number", Thank You". It even still has the little Alarm Clock symbol right next to it.

It also shows up in the little Desk Clock feature that they included in the update, if I tap on it there it takes me to the alarm.

I vaguely remember setting such a message right after I got the phone in February, but I disabled it and havent seen it since. Does anyone know how to make this stop, or how to delete/edit this message?

I would post a screen shot of my lock screen but I am not exactly sure how to do so.

I set a custom message as well. Under settings - location & security - show custom message

Bam!

alm0614

Reaction score
what froyo are you on.. im on BB v.4 and under my location and security all i have is
-use wirless networks
-use GPS sats
-set up screen lock
-visible passwords
-select device admins
-use secure credentials
-install from SD Card
-set password
-clear storage

OP
Mattpfeil

Mattpfeil

Reaction score

I set a custom message as well. Under settings - location & security - show custom message

Bam!

I dont have that option. Under Location&Security all I have is; Use wireless networks, Use GPS satellites, Set up screen lock, Visible Passwords, Select device administrators, Use secure credentials(greyed out), Install fron SD card, Set pasword, Clear storage(greyed out)

I am running stock 2.2

huskur

Reaction score
what froyo are you on.. im on BB v.4 and under my location and security all i have is
-use wirless networks
-use GPS sats
-set up screen lock
-visible passwords
-select device admins
-use secure credentials
-install from SD Card
-set password
-clear storage

Mine is the same as yours except between "set up screen lock" and "visible passwords" mine says "show custom message" and a place to checkmark it and then "custom message" and when you touch it you can add your own custom message to the lock screen.

alm0614

Reaction score
hmm interesting.. are you running FRG01b or what.

alm0614

Reaction score
maybe it is part of FRG01b, i dont have that option on bb v0.4 which runs FRF84

OP
Mattpfeil

Mattpfeil

Reaction score
maybe it is part of FRG01b, i dont have that option on bb v0.4 which runs FRF84
If it is part of this build, which is completely stock, then should it not give an option to change it? And why would that text replace my alarm time text?

alm0614

Reaction score
well huskur said that you place a check next to show custom message and then click custom message and you can change it

OP
Mattpfeil

Mattpfeil

Reaction score
well huskur said that you place a check next to show custom message and then click custom message and you can change it

I dont think he was running stock because I do not have that option.