Limited Edition R2-D2 Droid Unboxing

ExtremeT

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
r2d2-droid-unboxing-droidforums.jpg

Early yesterday morning we received a bit of a surprise when there was a knock on the door and the friendly UPS guy made me sign for a package. Inside that package there was a shiny new R2-D2 edition Droid just waiting to be unboxed and so we did just that!

Special Features include:

• R2-D2 Notifications and Sounds
  • Four Live Wallpapers (the press release says 4, its actually 6)
  • R2-D2 Clock Widget
  • "The Best of R2-D2" video with the original Cantina Music
  • Exclusive Binoculars App
  • Custom Boot screen
  • Custom Phone Charging Dock
  • White Earphones
r2d2-droid-unboxing-droidforums-2.jpg
r2d2-droid-unboxing-droidforums-3.jpg

r2d2-droid-unboxing-droidforums-4.jpg
r2d2-droid-unboxing-droidforums-5.jpg

r2d2-droid-unboxing-droidforums-6.jpg
r2d2-droid-unboxing-droidforums-7.jpg

Star Wars Mobile App features:

• Bounty Hunt visual ID: Find and Capture images around the Star Wars universe to unlock hidden content
  • Sound and Photo gallery
  • Live Wallpapers
  • Trivia Challenge: Answer Trivia questions about the Empire Strikes Back
  • Widgets
Overall it's a great looking phone and any Star Wars fan would be more then happy to geek out with this phone in their hands. To enjoy the full unboxing head follow the source link to watch the videos.

Source: DroidGamers

OP
E

ExtremeT

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some people will who are star wars fans but I'm not sure the average Android user is going to run out and grab this.

Vader

Reaction score
That is awesome Extreme!!! I saw the phone demo at the store they are a definite must for any Star Wars fan.

I won 1 of the R2 Droids last night at my local Verizon store. Only problem is I am tied to Sprint. Trying to figure how to unlock it it and tranfer my sprint account to it.

everstar80

Reaction score
Some people will who are star wars fans but I'm not sure the average Android user is going to run out and grab this.

That appears to be a docking station, am I right? Anyways, I read the specs and it is internally no different than the original D2 so I agree with you that unless you're a star wars fanatic you're probably not going for this phone. Do you know of any ota official updates that may be coming to all D2 owners?

NVash

Reaction score
I want one of these so bad but am stuck for another year and a half with my own. Maybe theyll still sell it then.

everstar80

Reaction score
I want one of these so bad but am stuck for another year and a half with my own. Maybe theyll still sell it then.

Sorry, but I think that if you believe they'll be available in 18 months other than on ebay then I seriously doubt it. Here is a possible alternative though even if you had to pay for a deposit. If you have kept up your payments on your account, if that's the problem then add another line because after six months you wont have to pay for another deposit. Also, you could do the new trade in deal has with their Verizon phones and use that money to go towards getting the R2D2. I hope that helps.

cj1896

Reaction score
god thats ugly...

I guess different strokes for different folks though

OP
E

ExtremeT

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

That appears to be a docking station, am I right? Anyways, I read the specs and it is internally no different than the original D2 so I agree with you that unless you're a star wars fanatic you're probably not going for this phone. Do you know of any ota official updates that may be coming to all D2 owners?

Yeah that's a docking station that has a circuit look too it in silver.

As for OTA updates as of right now I haven't heard anything new but I'll do some checking and see if I can find anything out for you.

geewiz2k1

Reaction score
Yes, that is a very ugly cell phone. I don't understand why anyone would want that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

NVash

Reaction score
I want it cause its unique and Im a Star Wars fan.

The Trade In program sounds great but I dont want to part with my Droid. Im sure itll be worth more in the long run to me if I keep it around. Sooner or later lll catch this R2D2 on EBay. Maybe not in 18 months but soon people will get sick of it. Maybe when the Droid 3 or 4 comes out and its outdated.

Big_Ron

Reaction score
I won 1 of the R2 Droids last night at my local Verizon store. Only problem is I am tied to Sprint. Trying to figure how to unlock it it and tranfer my sprint account to it.

Is there a way to unlock a CDMA phone? why dont you just switch? woun't Verizon buy ouy your contact? dancedroid

Vader

Reaction score
My work and family are all on Sprint. So better to stick with Sprint. I have been doing some research. It is possible. It is going to take a little bit of work to get it to work with Sprint. I love the phone. Everyone I have shown it to really like how it is designed to look like R2D2 and the exclusive apps are great. It is a must for any star wars fan. 3 of my friends have gotten them. And a few of my iphone4 owners are very jealous. LOL!

zMd113

Reaction score
As mush as I love Star Wars, I'm going to have to wait for the PlayStationPhone as my next upgrade.