R2-D2 Special Edition Droid 2 Pictures

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
motorola-droid-2-r2-d2-edition-revealed-20100813113851600-000.jpg

Can't wait to be one of the new owners of the Special Edition R2-D2 Motorola Droid2? According to Droid-Life, roughly 50,000 units will be available September 30th in a Galaxy not so far away. The phone will have the same hardware specs as the current droid2 with an R2-D2 like body and come pre-loaded with Star Wars content. (star wars theme?) Check out some of the latest images to leak from across the net after the jump...

[Source: IGN.com, Droid-Life.com]

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Going to use my upgrade to get it. Can't wait. :)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Every set of leaked picture looks better than the ones before, the front looks really good in these photos

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ya, I must say.... I wasn't a fan at first.. but this does look pretty cool:

R2-D2_Android_phone.jpg

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Congrats when you get it, but personally myself I wouldn't waste the upgrade for this.

I am holding off on using mine so I can upgrade to the 4g\LTE version when it comes out. :lifting:

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Congrats when you get it, but personally myself I wouldn't waste the upgrade for this.

I am holding off on using mine so I can upgrade to the 4g\LTE version when it comes out. :lifting:
Well i spoke to a vzw rep the other day about LTE and she said that I might be waiting a while for an LTE Android phone. In another thread i posted that i was going to wait until a LTE capable android device was available with at least a 1.5Ghz processor and a 720p screen, but this is a good collectors item.
Also Look at Sprints 4g network it is not even across the us yet, only select cities for now. I'm in Michigan and i don't see their 4g network coming to a city near me until at least july of 2011.
Also when i got my droid i used my moms upgrade so i canuse that again in November of '11 to hopefully get an LTE Android device

techRob

Reaction score
I'd totally rock this at the hip-hop shows! :D lol i hang out with a bunch of local hip-hop performers...it'd be fun ;) they all know what i nerd / geek i am, so this would just give them an extra reason to laugh - and appreciate the fact that I am who i am :)

....sadly... :( ...i won't be able to :( ...costs too much ....and i'm nowhere near even my 1yr yet :( ...i'm sad...