Droid 2 launching as soon as August 12, embraces Star Wars roots with R2-D2 edition

nerdkill

Reaction score
too bad the phone is not very impressive and locked down. i would have spent a lot of money for a special edition like this. lipstick on a pig.

cb2000a

Reaction score
Oh yeah and the earth will self destruct in two years...(give or take a few months)....

jnmilli352

Reaction score
This star wars theme has to have something to do with George Lucas since he is getting paid everytime the word Android or Droid is used on any product because he has owned the rights since star wars came out.

UNC

Reaction score
This star wars theme has to have something to do with George Lucas since he is getting paid everytime the word Android or Droid is used on any product because he has owned the rights since star wars came out.

That's not how licensing works, verizon can say droid as many times as they want, they paid already. There is no "per-use" charge, also "android" is not owned by Lucas, just "droid".

@op
I like the R2D2 Droid 2.

Valle

Reaction score
I just got word from the guys at my Verizon store that the Droid 2 will be available August 3rd. Not sure if it includes the "Special Edition".

willwork4foo

Reaction score
Just read a release on google news that V is going to have a preview R2D2 droid 2 @ Celebration V. Will try to get a pic and post it here