ALERT! R2-D2 Droid 2 hits midnight Sept 30th at 100 VZW stores!!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
attachment.php

Verizon stores are prepping for the special Droid 2, and around 100 stores will be holding special midnight launches for the limited edition DROID. It's been said that there will only be approximately 50,000 R2-D2 DROID 2s made, and Verizon stores will be limiting purchases to two per person.

I have a feeling this device will sell out in a day based on the ravenous appetite of Star Wars fans for anything Star Wars.

Who will be purchasing one of these limited edition Droid 2's or are you perfectly happy with your "regular" Droid 2?

UPDATE: Stores are getting approximately 200 units and stock will not be replenished. Last bit of info… our tipster said that Motorola reps have indicated the Star Wars edition device is actually running a 1.2GHz CPU, not a 1GHz

Source: Phonedog

Last edited:

everstar80

Reaction score
Have t admit it looks pretty sweet but with the rumored news of the upcomng 2.3 froyo update according to several websites next week and the already leaked update for the rooted droid 2 on a couple of threads in the forum, I'll be perfectly happy with my current droid 2.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have t admit it looks pretty sweet but with the rumored news of the upcomng 2.3 froyo update according to several websites next week and the already leaked update for the rooted droid 2 on a couple of threads in the forum, I'll be perfectly happy with my current droid 2.

ummm….What rumors. If 2.3 comes out that would be Gingerbread, definitely not Froyo.

everstar80

Reaction score
Actually from what I've read it is either froyo or gingerbread. I don't know which Motorola will release. What are the different specs other than in appearance from the original droid 2 and the R2D2 special edition?

Dknelson728

Reaction score
I'm due for my upgrade on Friday. I'm hoping VZW releases a price on the R2D2 by then so I know if I'll be waiting till the 30th, or getting a regular D2 on Friday :p

papafobb

Reaction score
I want to see a Droid X C3PO special edition....A clean gold, haha.

doctordoctor

Reaction score
Where is Darth

man it is tempting but.... what is in the works for christmas and next year??? It would be fun to own a piece of Star wars/ droid history but I am sure there are more to come!!!! serioulsy they WILL FOR SURE make a Darth Vader phone!!!! mark my words $$$$$$dancedroid

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
man it is tempting but.... what is in the works for christmas and next year??? It would be fun to own a piece of Star wars/ droid history but I am sure there are more to come!!!! serioulsy they WILL FOR SURE make a Darth Vader phone!!!! mark my words $$$$$$dancedroid
yea i want my next phone to be a 4g capable one...although i know this would be a good collectible to get some extra bucks on off EBAY lol

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Update: R2-D2 will be running the 1.2GHZ processor