Liberty Gingerbread (v0.5) - Screen Brightness

Maganus

Reaction score
Anyone else having on Liberty Gingerbread (v0.5) when manually adjusting the screen brightness even at the lowest setting, the screen is extremely bright?

OP
M

Maganus

Reaction score
Weird - I go into Display settings and when I drag the slider - no matter where I put it the brightness seems like it's at full. I tried a reboot and that didn't help either. Only thing I know of recently was I changed my build.prop so I could download Netflix - I wouldn't think that should cause this though?

OP
M

Maganus

Reaction score
I noticed my backlight was staying on even when I shut the screen off - I reverted my Build.prop changes back and this fixed the screen brightness issue, anyone else ever had anything wierd like this?

dmichelr

Reaction score
Yes, changing the build.prop will make your brightness settings stop working..... also screws up the accelerometer I noticed (compass wouldn't work). Think it screws up other functions as well, but those are the 2 I noticed. Use jrummys netflix.zip file he posted on twitter to get netflix streaming working and revert your build.prop back to normal.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
M

Maganus

Reaction score
Yeah I just found that right after I posted, doing a backup and going to flash the netflix.zip. Does it matter if I already have Netflix installed before i flash that zip?