Liberty 2.0 battery life

DJxPanda

Reaction score
Ok people heres the best way to save battery. im on rooted gb,,and I easily get 35 hours off a singld charge with heavy use.
1) turn your screen brightness down a bit! You dont need it blaringly bright. About 35-40% is good.
2) use the custom battery mode. Go into settings and go to battery, then battery mode. Change the settings around so that when you sleep, your phone goes to "off peak" hours and will turn off ur data after an interval of time. Also, if you want to u can set ur phone to turn off data during "on peak" hours but I dont do that. I have it always on. Also change the settings for when ur battery drops below 30%, your screens brightness drops.
3) dont use widgets! widgets are the BIGGEST battery waster. They dont allow ur phone to sleep cuz it always needs to update.
4) dont use the stock messaging app. Its kind of the same deal ad widgets. Doesnt allow ur phone to truly sleep. Use something like handcents. Also, in ur default msging app, turn off all the settings such as auto retrival, and notifcations.
5) turn off dumb notifications from say gmail and facebook. When they show up, and you dont check them, your phone wont sleep and will drain ur battery. Youre better off checking ur email or fb a little more frequently.
6) dont oc to stupid stupid levels. Im not ocd one bit and im pulling 1.4 stock root. My phone is buttery smooth and i dont feel a need to oc my phone to stupidly high levels.

Edit: I just ran my benchmark again and im doin 1.833 gHz.. Yaaa... Beastin!

7) turn off wifi unless ur using it. Same aith bluetooth. it being on and constantly searching for devices and access points kills ur battery.
8) use launcher pro! I dont have an explaination for this one, ive just noticed about a 4 hour difference between the stock launcher and launcher pro.
9) dont have any animated backgrounds set to ur bg, such as the nexus bg. It takes up a lot of processing power.

Just my ¢.02 on the matter, but really. I do all of these things and my battery is amazing. If people learn to sacrifice a LITTLE convenience for battery life, then u can have good battery life. you cant have everything you want.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:

Chloenaiter

Reaction score
Ok people heres the best way to save battery. im on rooted gb,,and I easily get 35 hours off a singld charge with heavy use.
1) turn your screen brightness down a bit! You dont need it blaringly bright. About 35-40% is good.
2) use the custom battery mode. Go into settings and go to battery, then battery mode. Change the settings around so that when you sleep, your phone goes to "off peak" hours and will turn off ur data after an interval of time. Also, if you want to u can set ur phone to turn off data during "on peak" hours but I dont do that. I have it always on. Also change the settings for when ur battery drops below 30%, your screens brightness drops.
3) dont use widgets! widgets are the BIGGEST battery waster. They dont allow ur phone to sleep cuz it always needs to update.
4) dont use the stock messaging app. Its kind of the same deal ad widgets. Doesnt allow ur phone to truly sleep. Use something like handcents. Also, in ur default msging app, turn off all the settings such as auto retrival, and notifcations.
5) turn off dumb notifications from say gmail and facebook. When they show up, and you dont check them, your phone wont sleep and will drain ur battery. Youre better off checking ur email or fb a little more frequently.
6) dont oc to stupid stupid levels. Im not ocd one bit and im pulling 1.4 stock root. My phone is buttery smooth and i dont feel a need to oc my phone to stupidly high levels.

Edit: I just ran my benchmark again and im doin 1.833 gHz.. Yaaa... Beastin!

7) turn off wifi unless ur using it. Same aith bluetooth. it being on and constantly searching for devices and access points kills ur battery.
8) use launcher pro! I dont have an explaination for this one, ive just noticed about a 4 hour difference between the stock launcher and launcher pro.
9) dont have any animated backgrounds set to ur bg, such as the nexus bg. It takes up a lot of processing power.

Just my ¢.02 on the matter, but really. I do all of these things and my battery is amazing. If people learn to sacrifice a LITTLE convenience for battery life, then u can have good battery life. you cant have everything you want.

1.833 GHZ?! How?

Scallywag1

Reaction score
Think he means his quadrant score is 1833

louy99

Reaction score
I've noticed if you have a great 3g signal, your battery will last much longer. If you have 1 or 2 bars, you better switch that wireless on or your battery will drain faster.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

fastfood8891

Reaction score

do you have sources for all these? i understand that widgets take up memory and require their own process, but i'd never heard that that made the phone not "sleep". also the notifications and stock messaging business doesn't make much sense to me.

not calling you out, i'd just like a bit more detailed explanation.

FaceSmash6

Reaction score
Liberty 2.01 battery killing me

So as of now with my droid x screen off im getting 5 hours of a charge, ive re set battery stats and my question is when i go to settings, phone, battery, it says android OS is using 96% of battery. Is that Liberty or some old OS that was left on after Flashed new rom