Liberty 2.0 battery life

erplot

Reaction score
My battery life on 2.0 is horrible, as it was on 1.5. I am getting a few hours on an extended battery. I have tried changing all settings that I know of and reinstalled Liberty 2.0. Any suggestions? Thanks

timpo

Reaction score
@Warman - download drocap 2 from the marketplace for screenshots. I think it's free.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

EXQEX9

Reaction score
My battery life on 2.0 is horrible, as it was on 1.5. I am getting a few hours on an extended battery. I have tried changing all settings that I know of and reinstalled Liberty 2.0. Any suggestions? Thanks

I think we need a few more details in order to provide you some suggestions. Are you OC'd? How do you handle screen brightness? How do you use your phone? Stuff like that.

erplot

Reaction score
OC'd ??? Screen brightness is pretty bright. Even when the phone just sits, you can watch the battery decrease. I am beginning to wonder if it is the phone. Is that possible?

Wildrat

Reaction score
Battery Life? What's that? If your talking about that near useless item inside my phone it is fine as long as the phone is on AC, unplug it and I can almost see the voltage draining out of the battery. Most of that is my fault though. I am overclocked, got a couple things updating every hour or so, and have a bright screen when it is on. I suppose if I undervolted, reduced speed, went to slow animations/no animations, did not update etc., my battery life would be great, but then I might as well be on the stock ROM if I wanted a plain jane phone, besides I have a spare battery.

erplot

Reaction score
One other thing I have noticed. My DX is running much hotter than it ever has.

echonaut

Reaction score
On stock Froyoblur I was getting over 30 hours to one charge, with the "battery saver" mode enabled at night. Liberty 1.5 barely lasted 8 hours.

Here's to hoping changes made to 2.0 will increase that a bit.

Wildrat

Reaction score
I have bought a new battery for my phone. It gives me 6 months of battery power and I can run whatever apps I want. The only problem I have had so far is after awhile carrying 1200Ah battery in my back pack gets a little heavy after a few hours and it's a pain crawling in the sand and climbing trees.

Craig_s

Reaction score
Screen brightness for me is about 50% when my screen is on. Overclocked (Oc'd) to 1.13. I have don't much updating save the weather. I am getting ridiculous battery life out of my phone.

Been playing games like crazy since 2.0 and still have awesome battery life. I play games for at least an hour a day (Bio class) I listen to music for about two hours when I workout, and I text for a couple of hours a day. I'm getting easily +30 hours to a charge on the extended battery with moderate usage.

One thing I did that REALLY increased battery life was to do the imoseyon mod.
imoseyon: +Thunderbolt

Note: it says "+Thunderbolt" but its a universal thing so it also works on our phones, with Liberty 2.0. If you don't believe me install it and then run the code to see if it is working.

Chloenaiter

Reaction score
Well I am definatley a RubiX fan, I have used Liberty 1.0 and 1.5 on my X but they just didn't seem as smooth on my phone, I guess not all X's are created equal. But with these battery life postings I might have to take a third look at liberty cause some of this stuff i crazy!

ekto21

Reaction score
about 45 minutes after taking it off the charger from a full charge its already down to 90 percent. whats my best way to save battery?

edit - 20 minutes later its at 80. wtf.

Last edited:

1loudsvt

Reaction score
sounds like you have a program eating your battery up...try settings, about phone, battery use and see if there is an app at the top of the list, if so thats the problem. if not i would try resetting battery stats or making sure you correctly flashed the rom. i am having no problems with numerous apps checking hourly for updates getting 30+ hours on a charge with moderate to heavy usage

meaker

Reaction score
Somebody moderate use is somebody else light use... I don't see how anyone is using their phone at all to get 30 hours on one charge... Just saying

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

fictionwerks

Reaction score
I get about 24 hours of moderate use. Try using different voltage kernels to extend battery life. Also setting your profile for over clocking to about 250 to 300 when your screen is off. Jrummy's droidx over clock app is good for that.

Sent from a DROIDX that had been flashed more times then a bead vendor at mardi gras.

ekto21

Reaction score
sounds like you have a program eating your battery up...try settings, about phone, battery use and see if there is an app at the top of the list, if so thats the problem. if not i would try resetting battery stats or making sure you correctly flashed the rom. i am having no problems with numerous apps checking hourly for updates getting 30+ hours on a charge with moderate to heavy usage

display 61
android system 12

everything else