Liberty 2.0 battery life

charriman

Reaction score
Now that 2.0 has been out for a few days, I'm interested in hearing about other people's battery life. Especially compared to 1.5.

SplicedX

Reaction score
Battery life is much better! The initial discharge took 33hrs with lots of use. I'm just now charging for the first time since installing 2.0!

SplicedX

Reaction score
Yes I am using the extended battery. When I was running my phone down, I made no attempt to conserve the battery. Lots of internet browsing, angry birds, pandora.

Vismal

Reaction score
I have the stock battery and so far its doing great for me. A charge lasts me about 24 hour of moderate use. This is about double what I was getting when I was on gingerbread. While the quadrant scores might be better on GB I'll take battery life over a better benchmark score any day!

KiGood

Reaction score
My battery life has been much better. After Flashing 2.0, I wiped battery stats, and let it run until dead and it well over 24 hours of normal use, and also using Wireless Tether for about 30 minutes while on my car ride back home to help fix my dad's laptop.

EDIT: should mention I am on stock battery also.

Last edited:

SplicedX

Reaction score
So I'm on my second charge since installing 2.0 and I'm sitting at 70% remaining after being off the charger for 12hrs!! Liberty v2.0 just keeps getting better!

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
You guys can't be using your phone's.....seriously? I guess I will see what tonight brings. I will be off charger in half an hour and at a full charge....I will see if it can last 12 hours with moderate use. So far that hasn't seemed to be the case.

But I do need me an extended life battery.

scottmckenrick

Reaction score
im on gingerbread now. Do you guys think i should try out liberty 2.0 i was a big fan of 1.5. i just couldnt pass up the new blur

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't used GB leak but 2.0 is pretty freakin sweet. Read the bug threads....I think there is really only one "bug" but it is more like an inconvenience.....could be a bug if you have OCD though.

scottmckenrick

Reaction score
i was really hoping liberty would delay a few more days to put some gingerbread goodies in it because some of the stuff is pretty sweet. but since gb changed the kernal will i have to sbf back?

Wadman

Reaction score
So I was wondering if anyone else had noticed a difference in battery use. I unplugged my phone at 9 this morning and it is 1 the next morning. That is 17 hours for those that don't do math. I listened to the cardinals game on at bat for 7 innings (til they went down 9 to 3) and have used approximately 2 hours of voice and sent numerous texts. This morning I checked my fantasy baseball and moved my players up for the day. I then wireless tethered with my wife's computer to send some emails. Uninstalled my current theme to go back to 2.0 stock and have used my phone quite frequently today. I have 40% charge right now and am on the automatic setting for screen brightness. I would say that's pretty good.............I'm happy

Wadman

Reaction score
Can you post a screenshot Wadman...and do you have extended battery?

I know this might sound silly but I don't know how to do a screenshot. I promise I am being totally honest. My voice is at 31 and my screen is at 29. Phone idle at 11. MLB at 7. Phone idle at 11. Android system at 6 and a few others taking upbsome use. I will do a screenshot if I knew how. I have been a big antagonist as far as battery life and have actually griped about it on here before. This is the best battery life I have had since buying my x in January..... edit. Stock battery....

makaveliq3

Reaction score
this is some insane battery life postings... I'm either going to switch once it's public or wait till gingerlibety lands