liberty 1.5 problem

killerx509

Reaction score
hello i just installed liberty for my droid 2 it sayed loaded custom rom so i

rebooted it and now it want start up it just keeps spining and nothing happens!

does any bodie have any sugestions? if so plz reply below or do you think my

phone is trashed?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
try pulling the battery and then holding the x key and power button at the same time. when you see the anroid and exclamation point press the magnifying glass on the keyboard. this will get you in to the stock recovery. do a factory reset and try to reboot. that should get you running.

OP
killerx509

killerx509

Reaction score
droid

ok thank you what is the newest version of liberty? and ill try they that as soon as my battery charges up it died because it wouldn't start up!:icon_eek:dancedroid

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
1.5 is the most up to date version. is it pluged in right now? do you see signs of it charging?

OP
killerx509

killerx509

Reaction score
yes it is showing the battery charging! thank fully! o and thank you for your help
i will try your advice when it has like 50% battery and if it works or doesnt work ill post back here!:icon_ banana:dancedroid

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok sounds good. let me know what happens. out of curiosity, how much battery did you have when you flashed liberty?

OP
killerx509

killerx509

Reaction score
it had around 30% battery so ya it was a little risky :blackdroid::icon_eek:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ya in the future the safest practice would be to only flash when you have at least 70% battery. that way if something goes wrong you have enough juice to fix it, because you may end up needing to sbf.

OP
killerx509

killerx509

Reaction score
sorry im kinda a noob for android what does sbf mean ? im more of a xbox modder!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
an sbf is a recovery file you flash to your phone from your computer. it's the last step when everything else fails.

OP
killerx509

killerx509

Reaction score
ok if this does not work could you tell me how to do that? and thnx for all the help! sense im a noobie

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i'm always happy to help, and of course i will help you where i can with the sbf. i have only done it twice (both within the last 24 hours actually lol) and i have an ubuntu computer so it's much different. i can certainly point you in the right direction and hopefully answer any questions you have. but try the factory reset thing first. it should't come to the sbf.

OP
killerx509

killerx509

Reaction score
ok how is ubuntu better then windows or is it because i have windows 7 ati ultimate version is it better then that? and wow looks like you have been busy with helping people! should i just wait till it gets to 70% ? to reboot the droid 2

Last edited:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well in ubuntu all you have to do is place two files in a folder and run a terminal command to run the sbf. Windows requires a program and you have to run it as an administrator. Just easier. Ya wait for 70 just on case.

tappin and a talkin

OP
killerx509

killerx509

Reaction score
ok so what which option do i press when that little android guy pops up and the menu pops up?