Confirmed Liberty 1.5 issue...

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I've been doing this test to see whether the issue persisted on both stock and Liberty 1.5 ROM and it took awhile to confirm this test. When I first updated to Liberty 1.5, everything was running great and smooth. Then about 3 weeks into it, I noticed that whenever I plugged my USB into the phone from the laptop it would reboot the phone.

It kept doing this for awhile but I was in the process of SBFing back to stock to fix some other issues. I decided to see if this problem also persisted on a clean stock and it never did.

So I went back to Liberty 1.5 ROM with EpicBlue theme and again everything was running smooth and then the USB issue showed up again.

So this time I did a SBF plus factory reset. No issues with the USB. Went back to Liberty 1.5 ROM with no theme and the USB problem showed up again.

Seems like this issue only persist when Liberty 1.5 ROM is on. All I do is just plug the USB (which is already plugged into my laptop) into my phone and it reboots the phone. I haven't been able to pinpoint what is causing it to continually reboot the phone whenever I plug the USB in.

Just thought I'd point this out and see if anyone has ever had this issue while plugging the USB in.

Also.... I never saw this issue on a clean stock and Liberty 1.0. Kind of weird.

HerroMoto

Reaction score
Hmmm, that's weird. I have had stock Liberty and the Epic Blue theme. I haven't had any of those problems. Have you tried installing the zip file over again? Maybe you have a bad download.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Yeah everything is clean. I try out different test to ensure that a solution was found or not. But in this case, no solution has resolved this issue. This means I have eliminated the original Liberty 1.5 ROM download, tried a different one, same result, went back to the same download as the very first one, same issue. I don't think it's a bad download as I have never had a bad download before.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
just got my computer up and running last week after it being down for some time. i've been doing a lot of file transfer from the comp to the phone and no reboots for me.

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Well, this issue seems to be happening after a certain period of time. The first time was 3 weeks into first updating to Liberty 1.5. After that it was 1 week after each fresh install of Liberty.

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
This isn't a good day for me. First this reboot issue... and now finding out and confirming that both my 2 Android Development books I ordered from Amazon to help me with Java coding and creating apps were stolen from my front door. What is wrong with this freaking world!? Good luck to whoever stole those books and figure out what Java coding is! Bastards.

atamagaokashii

Reaction score
have checked to make sure you don't have any apps on your sd card? I had this issue as wel and discovered angry birds had apps2sd enabled...

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
No, I've only used Apps2SD once to see what it all does. Then I learned that problems could happen if certain apps go on the SD, such as update issues, apps not working right, or even restoring apps to the internal phone memory can lead to different issues. Haven't used that since. No apps are "enabled" to go onto the SD without my permission so I rarely ever see that.

knivesout

Reaction score
I have also noticed this issue. Weird because it didn't start happening until recently. Same thing happens, I plug the phone in and it reboots, then it works fine and I can transfer files and do whatever. Kinda annoying but it only takes like ten seconds to reboot and be recognized by the computer.

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Yeah, it's fine afterwards. Just the reboot issue. Something is triggering it to reboot whenever you're plugging it in between the laptop/PC and phone. Charging it from the wall outlet or whatever, it never does that. Just on the laptop/PC.

trook

Reaction score
i've heard different theories and fixes to this problem, angdroid used to say it was caused by certain folders on the sd card so if you wipe your sd and only replace your music, photos, ect and let android replace its own folders it will fix it. It fixed it for some, it didn't for others. I've also heard that sometimes your phone looks for blur and gets jumbled on itself. I haven't had a usb reboot in about a month, I have no idea why, I'm running rubix 2.0.1, when I first installed rubix I got random usb reboots, now I dont. crazy.

Cstryon

Reaction score
I have noticed occasionally that when disconnecting usb or even the charger, ill get a notice about sd card being available, then get a reboot with that yellow bar in the middle of the screen. But I can't ever get it to happen on call, just random times but only connecting/disconnecting usb.
With liberty 1, my sd card got fried, but I couldn't say what exactly happened, but I remember the sd card mounting and un mounting at random times. Could there be some kind of issue with mount/unmount of sdcard?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Your yellow bar is there due to you turning off the boot animation in the Liberty Toolbox. I haven't seen them fix that part yet. Hopefully Liberty 2.0 will fix that if people wish to turn off boot animation for a faster boot-up.

No problems with the SD Card. I keep a daily check-up on it to make sure it has no bad sectors, corrupted files or any other issues. Only time I'm mounting/unmounting the SD Card is when I'm doing edited APK work. So, no issues there.