LG V20 Renders Show Modular Design?!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The LG V20 will be announced in September. The V series is LG's more premium flagship series. The V10 was a great success and was one of my top favorite devices from last year. OnLeaks has put together some renders of the device based on blueprints provided to case makers. There is one big thing we can take away from these renders. For some crazy reason LG is putting out another modular device. While it seemed pretty cool at first LG struggled to sell this design when it came to the LG G5.

I personally enjoy the fact that LG has found a way to bring premium materials to their flagship lineup without doing away with a swappable battery. While I personally enjoy the modular design I'm just not sure it will be widely accepted on the V20. Other than that we have what appears to be a beautifully designed phone. It features the same popular 2nd screen setup from the V10. We also see a dual camera setup on the back of the device. The top of the device has the same subtle curve that I loved on the LG G5. The device also gets the upgrade to USB Type-C. Could this be a worthy Note 7 competitor?

via AndroidAuthority

Caesars

Reaction score
As a fan of the v10, believing that it's one of the best values for how much of a workhorse it is, just stick to what works lg! Although innovation is key i suppose, hopefully it's well received and not as problematic as the g5.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
I see no rear volume buttons and I love those on my V10. I do admit it took awhile to get used to them after coming from a Note 3. Also that is a huge, thick looking camera bump on the back. That bothers me too. As for the modular system...just NO! Looks like I'll be sticking with the V10 another year.

rebelmuddlite

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia z3v
Can someone explain to me why the modular feature of this device would be a factor in your decision of purchasing it or not? As I understand, it is just an added feature tothe device. Its not a necessity to ise it. The device will perform all normal tasks without using the modular capabilities. Does the inclusion of such capabilities hinder the otherwise normal functions you would be purchasing the device for? Are we even certain the device is modular? The button could be a hardware camera button. As far as bashing of tje design, i actually like it, even with the "camera hump", and it looks to keep the metal sides for structure and support. I also enjoy the volume buttons on the rear of my v10 and have grown to prefer them over side placement but i dont think itll be that big of an adjustment for just the power/fingerprint sensor on the rear and having volume on the side. I believe there is an app for locking your hardware keys so its no big deal to me with accidental presses from being in pocket. All in all, I wish the negativity towards a still promising device would at least wait until official confirmation.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
If it follows the G5 it takes away from the design lines...it doesn't look pretty and although most will put a case on it I believe the same will happen as the G5 which didn't exactly sell too well ...we shall see

iPAD 9.7

Caesars

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me why the modular feature of this device would be a factor in your decision of purchasing it or not? As I understand, it is just an added feature tothe device. Its not a necessity to ise it. The device will perform all normal tasks without using the modular capabilities. Does the inclusion of such capabilities hinder the otherwise normal functions you would be purchasing the device for? Are we even certain the device is modular? The button could be a hardware camera button. As far as bashing of tje design, i actually like it, even with the "camera hump", and it looks to keep the metal sides for structure and support. I also enjoy the volume buttons on the rear of my v10 and have grown to prefer them over side placement but i dont think itll be that big of an adjustment for just the power/fingerprint sensor on the rear and having volume on the side. I believe there is an app for locking your hardware keys so its no big deal to me with accidental presses from being in pocket. All in all, I wish the negativity towards a still promising device would at least wait until official confirmation.
I can't speak for everyone, but when I have a removable battery I tend to wake up and change the battery (daily change). From what someone was showing me on her g5, it seemed to have caused some damaged pixels (all the battery reloading). I don't know if that's what actually caused it or not, but once my opinion is formed it's hard to change.

I guess personally I also loved the g3/4 style and don't want to see it changed much. I understand innovation matters though :).

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

boidsonly

Reaction score
Re: the modular design of the G5. Once the phone has been in your pocket and you have bent over several times, the phone and battery tend to warp where they meet. The screen protector does not seal at that point and catches on a fingernail or pocket edge. Very disappointing build feature.
The screen at the open end sounds hollow and cheap. If the V20 has this same build, I will not purchase it.