Lexerd Anti Glare screen protector impressions

spazma7ik

Reaction score
Impressions:

7/10

I'll start with the pro's.

-It came quickly
-Installation was very simple (sans flimsiness, see cons), it's a tad smaller so it's easy to get on.
-Came with awesome equipment for installation, like latex finger covers
-Totally fingerprint resistant, as to be expected with anti glare
-It's definitely ANTI-glare
-Really thin, so no sensitivity is lost
-Feels EXTREMELY smooth, I prefer the feel to the standard glass

CONS:

-Makes the screen have a terrible rainbow effect on all lighter screens, a lot worse than I expected, I have an anti glare on my iPod Touch that I LOVE, it doesn't do this rainbow effect nearly as bad. I don't know if it's the screen of the products, or just the difference in protectors, but it's noticeable. Note: I also keep little to no brightness on either of them
-There seems to be no adhesive anywhere around the edges of the film, because even with the protector dead center there is a border of bubble (well it just doesn't lay flat). Though if you use a case this would be nonexistant as it would probably cover it
-The thinness is a tradeoff, because while it does help with the sensitivity, it's a PIA to put on cause it's so flimsy.

So yeah, overall I'm content with it, but it could be much better. I just have to have anti-glare, cause to me I can't STAND fingerprints. Actually the anti-glare I could care less about, these might as well be called anti-fingerprint to me.

OP
S

spazma7ik

Reaction score
Impressions:

7/10

I'll start with the pro's.

-It came quickly
-Installation was very simple (sans flimsiness, see cons), it's a tad smaller so it's easy to get on.
-Came with awesome equipment for installation, like latex finger covers
-Totally fingerprint resistant, as to be expected with anti glare
-It's definitely ANTI-glare
-Really thin, so no sensitivity is lost
-Feels EXTREMELY smooth, I prefer the feel to the standard glass

CONS:

-Makes the screen have a terrible rainbow effect on all lighter screens, a lot worse than I expected, I have an anti glare on my iPod Touch that I LOVE, it doesn't do this rainbow effect nearly as bad. I don't know if it's the screen of the products, or just the difference in protectors, but it's noticeable. Note: I also keep little to no brightness on either of them
-There seems to be no adhesive anywhere around the edges of the film, because even with the protector dead center there is a border of bubble (well it just doesn't lay flat). Though if you use a case this would be nonexistant as it would probably cover it
-The thinness is a tradeoff, because while it does help with the sensitivity, it's a PIA to put on cause it's so flimsy.

So yeah, overall I'm content with it, but it could be much better. I just have to have anti-glare, cause to me I can't STAND fingerprints. Actually the anti-glare I could care less about, these might as well be called anti-fingerprint to me.

lovekmats

Reaction score
I'm this way too about my screen protectors. I have the Boxwave on mine. Ignoring the prism effect, I would never go back to the standard crystal screen protectors EVER! No fingerprints is wonderful.

OP
S

spazma7ik

Reaction score
I'm this way too about my screen protectors. I have the Boxwave on mine. Ignoring the prism effect, I would never go back to the standard crystal screen protectors EVER! No fingerprints is wonderful.

How is the fit on the boxwave one? Lay perfectly on with no bubbles?

lovekmats

Reaction score

How is the fit on the boxwave one? Lay perfectly on with no bubbles?

I used it with a little water sprayed on the back cus I kept picking up dust particles, but bubbles came out easily and it's a perfect fit for the Droid screen. The edges fit perfectly on the screen and you can't even tell there's a screen on there. I've had multiple people ask me if there's a screen protector on, and they all want to know where I got it cause it feels so smooth!

Not sure why yours doesn't lay completely flat. I'm assuming you took a card to push out all the tiny little air bubbles on the side?