Led?

GBAUMS

Reaction score
My bionic just started blinking a green light? Anyone know what this means? I know it blinks red when the battery is dying but this is blinking green. It also only blinks when I put the screen to sleep. It stops blinking when i awaken it. Someone please help this dumb guy.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It means you have an email or message or something of the sort. Its a message indicator.

When you unlock the screen is there something on the left of the notification bar?

OP
G

GBAUMS

Reaction score
No thats the thing I don't have any notification there. No email or text or anything?

OP
G

GBAUMS

Reaction score
Tried it and still did it. I did bring down my notification bar even though there werent any notifs and it seemed to have stopped. So for now I thank you for your help, and if it comes back so will I :)

aedmondson99

Reaction score
My phone will not stop that blinking green light either. I have no pending notifications either. How can I get it to stop?

ghart53

Reaction score
I had that same issue before, and only multiple reboots would stop it temporarily. And after a while it kept coming back, so multiple factory resets was the only way I was able to get it to stop permanently.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
the blinking green light is too indicate sleep mode instead of screen off... Features disabled in sleep mode... So it's a reminder that you may not be getting the updates and messages you are expecting...n

aedmondson99

Reaction score
I have never put my phone in sleep mode. How would I have done this and how do I disable this? The green light is killing my battery.

lanza_david

Reaction score
This is also happening here. Not consistent. I was just looking it with the power button, and the green blinking notification light wad there with no real notification. Just locking, not putting it to sleep. Another bug?

MarkPhlipy

Reaction score
Definitely a bug, this is the fourth or fifth thread I've found on this topic since the 2.3.3 update. And it's across multiple Droid platforms so I know it must be an OS issue not an app issue. Don't know if it's just Droids or other Android devices as well.

And no, I'm not doing a GD "factory reset," I want someone to FIX these problems, not give me a placebo.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

MarkPhlipy

Reaction score
Yes I'm using Handcent, but I've had it all along...and it's set as Default messaging app with the Notifications set to off in the stock app.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App