Notification light madness!!!

DoctorV

Reaction score
When I had Gingerbread my notification light would only blink a green light when I got a text. All was good with the world and I appreciated the heads up.

Now with ICS my notification light has gone psycho. Yes it still flashes green when I get a text but it also flashes green when it finishes charging, flashes red when it's charging and then apparently flashes blue or orange when it's feeling lonely. When my screen is off that's when I get the blue or orange flashing light but the moment I unlock my phone the blue or orange light stops flashing. I check my notification bar and there's nothing there leaving me stumped on what the heck my phone is trying to tell me.

Does anyone else have this issue or know what these notification lights mean? Is there any way to get them to stop so I just have it flash green when I get a text like the good ol' days?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
You might be able to use an app like Light Flow. That makes the notification LED very customizable.

OP
DoctorV

DoctorV

Reaction score
Thank you for the tip aaf709 but I found the culprit. It was an app that I have called BattMonX that I use to display a battery life percentage. I had to turn of the notification light option. Life is back to normal now ;)