LED notification

maxwellag

Reaction score
I was just curious how this can be costumized... It's in the settings, right?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

shinobi13

Reaction score
I used to use it but noticed that it needs way to many permissions to run. Might be legit but I unistalled it just to be safe.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
This app works great and otherwise there is no built in way to customize the led..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
M

maxwellag

Reaction score
What colors does it flash for different things without using a 3rd party app?

R850R

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
R00ted S3
I tried lightflow, but it did not work the way I wanted...especially with charging notification. I uninstalled it.

So being stock, I use yahoo mail and get a purple LED noticication, missed calls, voicmail and gmail is the standard white LED. I have heard that facebook has a blue LED, but I don't get notifications with FB so it's a moot point.

I'm learning to live without the charging/charged notification.

So I guess the only stock notification color is white. Maybe kn the future there will be other options pushed through OTA?

Reaction score
i just installed lightflow lite and it wont let me change the settings. screen goes blank. uninstalling. plus, why does it need permission to read what i type in? it's a freakin LED light controller :blink:

R850R

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
R00ted S3
I think the permissions thing is just a marketplace legal cya thing...I don't think it reads or saves key stroke activith, but I could be wrong. Otherwise it was a neat app, but it didn't work for me. Ymmv.

famac!

Reaction score
My issue with Lightflow is that it does not seem to adhere to certain exchange protocols that the built in LED does. Without Lightflow, if i get a new email but check it on my laptop, within seconds, my phone knows that the email has been read and stops flashing the LED. When using Lightflow, the damn LED never stops flashing unless i pull down the notification bar, enter the email app, turn on the phone or manually tell it to stop flashing. If they can fix this, it becomes a 5 star app.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
My issue with Lightflow is that it does not seem to adhere to certain exchange protocols that the built in LED does. Without Lightflow, if i get a new email but check it on my laptop, within seconds, my phone knows that the email has been read and stops flashing the LED. When using Lightflow, the damn LED never stops flashing unless i pull down the notification bar, enter the email app, turn on the phone or manually tell it to stop flashing. If they can fix this, it becomes a 5 star app.

Weird, for me it stops with in five seconds..

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
+1 for lightflow

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
+1 for lightflow, have to defend it as it's the only thing that's worked for me in terms of notifications lights.

Take off the tinfoil hats guys, there's 100s of people just on this forum using it, I imagine a security issue would have been brought to light if there was one.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is the one that warns you that android may warm you that it may read your credit card information, crazy - no thanks

Geschickt mit meinem Galaxy Nexus aus Deutschland

Fooshnik

Reaction score
Light flow doesn't seem to be working for me. Seems to always flash orange despite the color I select in light flow. For those it works well, are you using free or paid version?