LED notification light?

Reaction score
I know its still really early but anyone know if the GS will have one? I heard a while back about a Samsung phone that did not have an LED notification light, Fascinate? . Coming from an Iphone to my DX I don't know how I did without it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
It's said to have a notification LED light at the bottom(chin) of the phone.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
And if it don't like my buddys Nexus S, he downloaded a app, something to do with LED screens, it will put a lil icon on the screen jumping around for a missed call, text, email, etc. and it displays different colors for each. They are about a 1/8th in size and they just jump around on the screen like something ud see on a windows screensaver. It doesn't use any battery so that's always a alternative if it doesn't have anything.

I've always had motos and love the notification lights but this was also a pretty cool thing.

Sent from my Moto Droid

OP
untoothedyouth
Reaction score
@incremental. But wouldn't the screen have to be on for that?

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
@incremental. But wouldn't the screen have to be on for that?

Well idk, in the description on the market he said its something special just for LED screens so idk if it just uses certain pixels or what. When I saw his phone the screen is completely black and u just have a few icons jumping around like blinking LEDs so idk. When I talk to him ill see what it is and find it n the market and post it up. He said he doesn't notice it taking any battery at all.

Sent from my Moto Droid

turdbogls

Reaction score
Well idk, in the description on the market he said its something special just for LED screens so idk if it just uses certain pixels or what. When I saw his phone the screen is completely black and u just have a few icons jumping around like blinking LEDs so idk. When I talk to him ill see what it is and find it n the market and post it up. He said he doesn't notice it taking any battery at all.

Sent from my Moto Droid
this is correct. OLED screens only light up the pixels needed. hence why the blacks on these samsung phones are pure black. and why they can say it uses next to nothing in terms of battery.
on a side not, i have seen this app (called "blink" i think) and while it is something, it is nowhere near as bright/noticable as a true LED.

LCD screens (like the droid, droid x, thunderbolt etc) need to light up the entire screen, even the black part...hence why you can see the entire screen at night even with it is completely black.

i for one am pumped about this LED...as long as it has full color spectrum. i am sick of my thunderbolts hidden LED that only displays Green and amber.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Well I just tried it out on my OG, it does turn the whole screen on but there's tons of options to save battery and u can set how often it displays it and how often its off. A lot of options that I don't have time to mess with right now but looks pretty cool so there's always alternatives if it were not to have a LED.

The app does have plenty of positive reviews so I doubt it hurting battery life is a probelm.

Sent from my Moto Droid

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
It has an LED notification light on the bottom of the face, below the screen.

We don't know if it's multi-colored as of yet.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Here's what the LED notification light looks like. I noticed it has a purple LED option so hopefully there will be multiple options for colors.

View attachment 41851

Last edited:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nice, glad to see it's multicolored, should be helpful.