LED not working?

ccolston

Reaction score
Anybody having problems with led notifications? I can't get mine to work. Suggestions appreciated.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

coogi97

Reaction score
Mine wasn't working either... I had to call someone and let it go to sleep mode to see if it worked... Then I powered the phone off then back on and since then it's been working.. It works only in sleep mode and it's like an app u can kill it...

dbol

Reaction score
When I test my notification with Handcent, the app crashes... could be because I chose a custom blue LED from the app; not sure if the phone supports that or not.

Edit: Testing may have failed, but the actual notifications come in fine, and the LED lights up solid blue.

Last edited:

nbucko

Reaction score
I want to say I was only getting LED notifications for gmail until I added Light Flow from the market which is a really cool app. I've always hated seeing the LED flashing on my OG wondering if it was a missed call, gmail, work e-mail, text, etc. I'm using the free version of Light Flow right now and it seems to be working the way that I want without having to go to the paid version. The free version states that it usually takes about 20 seconds for the LED to change to the appropriate color but I haven't noticed if it really takes this long so far. If it does I may end up buying the full version.

Detonation

Reaction score
By default the LED notifications are pretty minimal. It flashes white for a half second then off for around 5 seconds, so it's real easy to miss. I was previously using Light Flow (mentioned above) on my Droid X and plan on using it on my Nexus too, though I've heard reports it's a bit buggy in ICS still.

nbucko

Reaction score
After playing with it for a bit it does seem that the 20 second delay is there and the color does change for me at least on text messages. I'll have to test it a bit more with other notifications and see about buying the full version.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Maybe someone can help me. I bought the paid version of light flow and as the led notifications work perfect my vibration function isn't. Is anyone experiencing any issues or have suggestions?

GoBears

Reaction score
If you let Handcent control the LED for text messages and set the flash frequency to default, the LED stays lit in the color you choose. I love it! Haven't found a workaround for the email yet though. I couldn't get lightflow or blink to work correctly.

rjsurfer

Reaction score
I still can't get my notification light to work at all, Light Flow fails to set the bottom LED when I run it in test mode. It does turn on the small indicator (icon) on the top informational row, usually right next to the email icon.

LED worked for awhile but stopped in the last day or so?

Ron W>

nbucko

Reaction score
I was previously using Light Flow (mentioned above) on my Droid X and plan on using it on my Nexus too, though I've heard reports it's a bit buggy in ICS still.

From the sounds of it light flow isn't ready for ics. I was having a few issues as well. I would clear my notification or open the text email etc but the led would continue to flash.

jjf

Reaction score
I still can't get my notification light to work at all, Light Flow fails to set the bottom LED when I run it in test mode. It does turn on the small indicator (icon) on the top informational row, usually right next to the email icon.

LED worked for awhile but stopped in the last day or so?

Ron W>

I'm having the exact same issue. It seemed to work at first, but now it doesn't ever light up. I was wondering if I installed something that is interfering.

jjf

Reaction score
Turning off the "keep screen awake while charging" setting fixed my problem with the light. Works all the time now.

phishn

Reaction score
Handcent has caused my nexus to reboot 4 times while typing a text. Uninstalled until its ready. And I can't cut and paste messages with it now.

If you let Handcent control the LED for text messages and set the flash frequency to default, the LED stays lit in the color you choose. I love it! Haven't found a workaround for the email yet though. I couldn't get lightflow or blink to work correctly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk