LED Flashlight Question

Anj

Reaction score
This has probably been answered before, but anyways...

There are several LED flashlight apps out (ie MotoTorch), but here's my question: are there any apps that use the camcorder flash (dual?) LED? Using that is noticeably brighter than apps such as MotoTorch... even in a room with the lights on. Problem is, it takes a lot of finger work to get the camcorder light enabled -- any apps that likely provide a widget to toggle the same LED output?

Deuel

Reaction score
Try TeslaLED. It uses both LED's and comes with 2 widgets. One to toggle on/off, and one to use the flashlight on a timer. Works on the FroYo ROM's. It's blindingly bright!

Last edited:

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have had Droid light, now have teslaLED downloaded MotoTorch, they all use both LEDs.

robyr

Reaction score
I just use Droid Light. Moto-made, but functional. Don't really know what else you could add to a flashlight app.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just use Droid Light. Moto-made, but functional. Don't really know what else you could add to a flashlight app.

Depends on what you want. MotoTorch, for example, has a widget that'll just turn the LEDs on and off, but if you open the app, it has a strobe option and will flash Morse Code (which you type in what you want it to say).

Last edited:

jackals

Reaction score

Depends on what you want. MotoTorch, for example, has a widget that'll just turn the LEDs on and off, but if you open the app, it has a strobe option and will flash Morse Code (which you type in what you want it to say).
is there an led flashlight that works with the LG ally yet?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have been using MotoTorch and downloaded Tesla - same amount of light (I'm blind now after checking).

The Tesla widget is more responsive through so I'll try that for a while.

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have been using MotoTorch and downloaded Tesla - same amount of light (I'm blind now after checking).

The Tesla widget is more responsive through so I'll try that for a while.
im all about supporting tesla since kevin is so helpful.

and after i checked tesla, moto, and droidlight i too was a bit blind.

Reaction score
On the Droid with Android 2.1 every LED light uses the same method, setFlashlightEnabled(), and it's not so bright.

On Android 2.2 setFlashlightEnabled() sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. If the tool uses setFlashlightEnabled() and it works it will still be not so bright.

TeslaLED, on Android 2.2, will use FLASH_MODE_TORCH, which is newly supported in Android 2.2 and is very bright. So that's why on Android 2.2 TeslaLED is brighter than the others. And on Android 2.1 TeslaLED is the same as the others (it falls back to setFlashlightEnabled).