flash light app only using one LED?

joeybarclay

Reaction score
I have the app droid LED Flashlight i noticed when looking at the light that only one of the two LEDs are being used. I thought that one of the lights had gone out (after all this is a refurbished phone) but when I opened up the camera app and took pictures both LEDs worked( taking videos with flash on also work normally. Does anyone know if the app i used is supposed to only use one LED? The reason i looked at the light is because it seemed dimmer than usual.

edit: i just used another flashlight app and it did the same thing. Can anyone please download the app i used and see if it uses both of your LEDs.

Last edited:
OP
joeybarclay

joeybarclay

Reaction score
huh u wonder if my ROM has something to do with this since the camera application uses both or if my LEDs is about to die?

OP
joeybarclay

joeybarclay

Reaction score
Ya i have tried another flashlight apps and they both act like that but the camera application uses both? That doesn't make any sense. Could one of the pathways to telling the phone to turn on the LEDs be broken?

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
My gut is telling me its a problem with the app. Especially since your camera works with both. I would suggest deleting your flash light app, clear your cache, reboot the phone then download a totally different flash light app and see what happens.

Droids

Reaction score
Try Tesla LED. If that app doesn't turn on both it's an issue with your rom.

OP
joeybarclay

joeybarclay

Reaction score
Try Tesla LED. If that app doesn't turn on both it's an issue with your rom.

My eyes! . Tesla used both but i think thats because it works differently. I can hear the camera focus before the light turns on, the other apps did not make this sound.

Droids

Reaction score
I remember there was an issue with Android 2.1 not allowing both LEDs to light. Froyo allows both to be used if the app supports it but yeah, it has to go through the camera interface. I don't know any app that can run both without the camera function. Tesla has a nice widget that I keep on the home screen, one click to launch it with both LEDs on and one click to turn it off. I never carry a flashlight anymore.

OP
joeybarclay

joeybarclay

Reaction score
I remember there was an issue with Android 2.1 not allowing both LEDs to light. Froyo allows both to be used if the app supports it but yeah, it has to go through the camera interface. I don't know any app that can run both without the camera function. Tesla has a nice widget that I keep on the home screen, one click to launch it with both LEDs on and one click to turn it off. I never carry a flashlight anymore.

thanks i thought that one of my LEDs had died

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I remember there was an issue with Android 2.1 not allowing both LEDs to light. Froyo allows both to be used if the app supports it but yeah, it has to go through the camera interface. I don't know any app that can run both without the camera function.

I am using Droid Light by Motorola and it lights both LED and does not use the camera interface.

Droids

Reaction score
I remember there was an issue with Android 2.1 not allowing both LEDs to light. Froyo allows both to be used if the app supports it but yeah, it has to go through the camera interface. I don't know any app that can run both without the camera function.

I am using Droid Light by Motorola and it lights both LED and does not use the camera interface.

You're right, the Moto app bypasses the camera interface and lights both LEDs. I already have the Moto app installed, think it was the first one I ever tried. Telsa is brighter though, try it... don't worry the spots in your eyes clear up after a minute or two. :)