Leaked Storyboard Shows 48 Hour Battery Life for New Droid MAXX

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-maxx-battery.jpg

Here is some exciting intel from Motorola this morning. Apparently a marketing document with a storyboard on it suggests the upcoming Motorola Droid MAXX will have a 48 hour battery life. We still haven't been able to confirm that the Droid Ultra and the Droid MAXX are two different devices, but the intel suggests that is a possibility. Regardless, it's great to see Moto continuing the tradition of superb battery life with the MAXX series. It's about time manufacturer's start to focus on some of the things that matter a great deal to heavy smartphone users.

There weren't really any other useful details in the marketing materials. It was mostly just the usual attempt to create an emotional connection for the user of the device. Of course, sometimes facts speak for themselves, and a 48 hour battery life is definitely exciting stuff!

Be sure to check out our dedicated DroidForums.net section for the Droid MAXX @ Droid MAXX

Source: AndroidCentral

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
i wonder how they tested it to come up with 48 hours. because even razr maxx will die in under 7 hours of constant heavy use.

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
Without using yes, even my D4 lasted at least a day. My OG droid lasted a week without use and cell service. Haha

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
Probably the same way I tested my note 2 lol

Suggested from Beer Tent Capital of the World.

Haha nice battery life. I can easily get 2d with light to med use. And I can easily get a full day with heavy use on my n2. Love my n2

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
You can do that without active widgets, manual mail and manual sync. I use my SGS4 all the time for all sorts of stuff, (besides calls), never turn off location services or WiFi and regularly get 2+ days.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
if i didn't want widgets, i'd get iphone :)

I don't want you to miss my point. I have widgets, it's just that most are not active full time. My Weather widget is a biggie for me as it only updates infrequently. Comparing what I do with my S4 to an iPhone isn't even a fair fight.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its gonna be what Motorola have always based it on....talk time battery life. Even then it has to be in a decent reception area or it will still drain the battery. Regardless.....the battery life on my Maxx HD is amazing for my use. Most of which is calls, texting, lil internet use, casual gaming, lil GPS use, lil tap a talk use. I do use Spotify and other streaming music alot, and Netflix. (I do use Candy Crush Saga connected to Facebook so thats some network use there.)

If they improve on the battery life vs the Maxx HD....this will be a must have phone for me.

Last edited: