Motorola Planning a 24 Hour Battery Longevity Event For the Droid RAZR Maxx?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
battery2.jpeg

My oh my how things evolve. It used to be, and to some extent it still is, all about processing power and how many cores, but the topic of battery life always seemed to make it's way into those conversations . With every new processor announcement the inevitable topic of "but how will battery life be?" always popped up.

Enter the Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx powered by a massive 3,300mAH battery. Today Endgadget was tipped anonymously that on February 6th Moto will be streaming an event that will take the RAZR Maxx to task and see if the 24 hour battery life claim holds any water.

According to Endgadget:

We're told to expect a 24-hour marathon event, streamed out to the gaping masses, where the aforesaid handset will be powered on and presumably used for a full day

A real world test streamed out to the masses is something everyone can get on board with. Bring it on Moto, lets see if your claims will hold up.

Source: Endgadget

BJPalmer85

Reaction score
battery2.jpeg

My oh my how things evolve. It used to be, and to some extent it still is, all about processing power and how many cores, but the topic of battery life always seemed to make it's way into those conversations . With every new processor announcement the inevitable topic of "but how will battery life be?" always popped up.

Enter the Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx powered by a massive 3,300mAH battery. Today Endgadget was tipped anonymously that on February 6th Moto will be streaming an event that will take the RAZR Maxx to task and see if the 2 hour battery life claim holds any water.

According to Endgadget:

A real world test streamed out to the masses is something everyone can get on board with. Bring it on Moto, lets see if your claims will hold up.

Source: Endgadget

Is the bold supposed to say 24 hour instead of 2 hour?

B

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Is the bold supposed to say 24 hour instead of 2 hour?

B
Nice catch :) A 24 hour event condensed into 2 hours. That would be interesting. "No really, the battery lasted 24 hours!!!"

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
This would make a number of people happy. Battery life is a huge concern.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nice catch :) A 24 hour event condensed into 2 hours. That would be interesting. "No really, the battery lasted 24 hours!!!"

yeah, but now the question is what exactly are they going to be doing during the 24 hours? are they going to have it on airplane mode with all background apps turned off, screen brightness on lowest setting, screen off for 90% of the time and only turned on to show the battery %? if all thats the case then 24 hours isnt that big of a feat considering most phones already claim a standby time of several days...for example the nexus claims
Standard Battery: Usage time – up to 12 hours; Standby time – up to 150 hrs hours

IN AWE

Reaction score
yeah, but now the question is what exactly are they going to be doing during the 24 hours? are they going to have it on airplane mode with all background apps turned off, screen brightness on lowest setting, screen off for 90% of the time and only turned on to show the battery %? if all thats the case then 24 hours isnt that big of a feat considering most phones already claim a standby time of several days...for example the nexus claims

If they can keep the screen on for 24 hours straight i would be impressed.

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score

Exactly. My bionic with extended battery can last 2 days if i barely get any calls on it. Stream netflix on it and see how long it lasts.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I'm sorry, but what's the big deal?

It's just a razr with an extended battery in it. I don't get why moto is going though all this woo ha over it. They had that pre ces teaser and now this event.

It's just a freaking extended battery.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I agree they did go over the top with it. But to some battery life is their only focus so I can see why Moto thought to market it as such, still not saying they should have though.

PappaFloyd

Reaction score
For me personally battery life is a big deal. If this test, like mentioned above, is under real world daily use, I would be impressed. And while I do like my DX I also don't really want another locked down phone. So unless Moto puts out some un-locked phones ill wait till the technology is figured out by others. Which I'm sure won't be very long.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I personally think its a benchmark issue.... all of the car enthusiasts will know what I mean. Its similar to the first flight across the atlantic non stop except not as major.... but nonetheless still a benchmark achievement in smart phone tech... just my 2 cents though

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

doublea500

Reaction score
the fact that its still a slim phone with the large battery is truly the technology displayed. anyone can make and put an extended battery. take seido for the galaxy nexus. it will make it a fat lump my nexus will end up in the gravitational field of (if i get it). with this, it is still a small thing phone.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
the fact that its still a slim phone with the large battery is truly the technology displayed. anyone can make and put an extended battery. take seido for the galaxy nexus. it will make it a fat lump my nexus will end up in the gravitational field of (if i get it). with this, it is still a small thing phone.

No argument... but we will be seeing more and more of this..... the government has made it so the automobile manufacturers will be using more and more battery power to meet the tougher mpg regulations....also making lithium more valuable..... in theory .... because lead acid batteries can't cut the mustard

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums