Leaked Pics & Specs of the Motorola Droid 4 Surface

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Built in battery yikes! Ever had a phone freeze up, A battery pull won't be there to save the day.

Most devices like this have a reset feature. The Droid RAZR does.
Even the Droid 1 with a replaceable battery does so you do not have to pull the battery.

Sent from my Droid 1 using DroidForums

CKD2

Reaction score
This was my next phone until I found out about the possible non removable battery issue.
That is the first thing I mention to people that love their iphones and think android is crap. I love that I can charge up an extra battery and just replace when phone is low. Especially when I'm out for the whole day and night I don't have to worry about finding an outlet and waiting 4 hours for it to charge.
They should make two models one bulky one with giant removable battery. Who knows maybe the droid4 has that option already. We will see.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I tried getting a second battery for my DROID 1 using then link and info from this board but I got a bad battery. Bought a Rayovack recharger this week and tried it and it charged my phone a bit. Half the size of my phone with a short cable. Almost like carrying a spare battery.

Last edited:

JoeAndDroid

Reaction score
Yo ucan order genuine Moto batteries for Droid 1 on Amazon. $3.50 shipped.

Amazon.com: Motorola DROID and DROID II 1300mah Standard Battery: Cell Phones & Accessories

I tried getting a second battery for my DROID 1 using then link and info from this board but I got a bad battery. Bought a Rayovack recharger this week and tried it and it charged my phone a bit. Half the size of my phone with a short cable. Almost like carrying a spare battery.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's been quite a bit of speculation that some of those batteries are counterfeit, Caveat Emptor.
I can vouch for at least two of them since i and my mother have replace the battery that comes with the phone with the 3.50 ones. They improved our batteries back to a good 7 hours of use which is about what at least i got on a charge on day 1.. So even if they are counterfeit then they still work just as good and they look exactly like moto batteries.

r314bd

Reaction score
any changed
Specs and promo photos leaked on Droid-Life: Official DROID 4 Specs, It’s Definitely a Big RAZR With a Keyboard and 4G LTE – Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

droid4-specs1-650x450.jpg

droid4-specs2-650x295.jpg

4G, 4" screen, quad band GSM (aka world phone), slider QWERTY, FM Radio...

fyeah.jpg

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I like the new keyboard. But still enjoying my D3.

LLR0717

JoeAndDroid

Reaction score
All I can tell you is I bought 2 and they work as well and last as long as the one that came with the phone. They have the foil hologram just like the one that came with the phone. If they are knock-offs, I can't tell. I wouldn't doubt they are grey market though.

There's been quite a bit of speculation that some of those batteries are counterfeit, Caveat Emptor.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
FM Radio??? Rear Cover Release tool?!?!? Looking at the back of this phone and my RAZR....I think it can have a removable battery. Or easier to remove than the RAZR's.

Looks like I might be going back to a slider soon....lol. I'm gonna pray that those 2 things mean something for us RAZR owners too. I was actually thinking about the D4 for emulators. And it is easier to know what you are replying to when typing in landscape mode with the slide out keyboard.

Just remembered, even tho I will be using external battery packs (lil iTrent one, looks small enough to take with you all the time, 11,000mAh....yea thats not a typo...lol) for all current and future phones, removable batteries too...a bad battery is easier to deal with when its removable.

Aahh....not Amoled? Right when I start liking Amoled screen too (first time using one)...why does these phone companies do this to us?!?! lol. Just give us RAZR owners that FM Radio from the D4 I will be content.

Last edited:

icemang

Reaction score
View attachment 42908 you guys notice the rear cover removal tool in the pic? maybe its battery can be removed.

Maybe so but I don't think the tool tells us anything since you need it to access the SD and SIM cards.

@JoeAnDriod, hey if they work that's cool. I've heard of some that basically don't work, but if you get a working battery for $3.75 or whatever it was I think it's pretty hard to go wrong no matter who made it!