Leaked Pics & Specs of the Motorola Droid 4 Surface

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Does the Droid 3 use the same battery as the Droid 1 and 2/2G? And if so, what do you think the likelihood is of being able to continue to use these batteries in the Droid 4?

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.

No the D3 uses a thinner and wider battery than the previous Droids.

LLR0717

debdroid1a

Reaction score
With a fixed battery and 4G, no doubt there will be a lot of people carrying charging cords in their pockets. I swap my D3 battery out sometimes twice a day and I have full signal everywhere I'm at and a signal amplifier outside my office door.

I have a cord at home and at work. No problems except if I'm out for long periods of time, then I worry and at movies I power off. But I have no life, so no worries for me.

Sent from my Droid1 using DroidForums

snstr1

Reaction score
AWESOME ... I love having a keyboard and going from the D2 to the D3 was disappointing. Cant wait for D4

r314bd

Reaction score
I went to my local Verizon store today to check out their Droid RAZR floor model and WOW that thing is fast. Screen lags were basically non-existent, the screen rotation animations were excellent, and the 4G was obscenely fast...BUT it feels just a bit too big in my hand. Don't get me wrong...it's super thin...but when I'm not typing, I'm used to using the phone one-handed and the RAZR at 4.3" requires a bit of stretching your thumb to make it work.

SO the Droid 4 it is...at 4" it's going to be perfect. I really hope this drops for the holidays and not next Spring/Summer as some sites have suggested...

Dilligaf

Reaction score
Too bad....I'm still using my OG Droid, which is running fine on CM 7.1...this phone is definitely tempting but the non-removable battery is a deal-breaker for me...just as the non-removable memory card may be for the Nexus. :-/

Vito.a

Reaction score
The Droid 3 is one of the most solid feeling phones I have used. This new Droid 4 may be just the ticket for us fat fingered keyboard lovers.

Vito.a

Reaction score
Here is the Droid Life release:

[h=2]Motorola DROID 4 Pops Up in Variety of Verizon Systems, How Close are We to a Release?[/h]by: Kellex | posted 11.07.11 | News
The Motorola DROID 4 may be closer than any of us had imagined. We brought you the first photos of the device a couple of weeks back leading us to wonder when it may appear, as the device pictured looked almost ready for prime time. So now that we are seeing it appear in a couple of different Verizon systems, we wonder if it could be Moto and Verizon’s big December release?
You may remember that the XOOM 2 popped up in this same system with 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB models on October 23 and is now tentatively-scheduled for a November 30 release. So if the D4 is now showing up for testing purposes and for internal system setup, there is a chance that it could be here within a month or two. Now, we won’t know for sure if the XOOM 2 will be here at the end of the month until we get to the end of the month, so let’s not place any bets on the D4 just yet. The month of December is wide open, without anything currently rumored though.
Shot of the D4 in Device Manager after the break.
Still ready to have a slider with 4G LTE and impressive specs? I’m assuming the Stratosphere wasn’t necessarily what any of you were looking for.
Cheers ___!

B-Unit

Reaction score
**** YOU MOTOROLA! Your droid 3 came out less then 4 months ago. Then Bionic, razr, charge, come ****ING ON!!!

Im done with you Motorolla. DONE DONE DONE.

If verizon doesnt place a loyalty thing for droid owners I'm jumping ship with them too....

Let me get this straight, because YOU bought a phone, all progress on phone development should stop until your contract is up and YOU are ready to buy another one?

I didnt realize the world revolved around you. Those of us who are just now getting to the upgrade point are glad to see we have new options. Just like you will have options we dont when your next upgrade cycle comes around.

r314bd

Reaction score
x2...I don't quite understand the folks who complain about manufacturers (Moto, in this case) releasing devices soon after they bought one.

Are there particular features that your current phone doesn't have that you really need? If so, then why did you buy the phone in the first place?

Or is it just that you want to have the newest device available for pure vanity?

Graymayre

Reaction score
Everyone knew that LTE was on the way. Everyone knew the features they desired. If you didn't want to wait, then I'm sorry. These devices were gonna come out sometime whether it be sooner or later.

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Perhaps it's not the D4. Perhaps it's the Droid 3 LTE or HD. Last year they made the D2G right after the D2 and beefed up the specs bit. And maybe they'll have it ship with ICS.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

The start up menu says DROID4 so I think its the droid 4 lol

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
With a fixed battery and 4G, no doubt there will be a lot of people carrying charging cords in their pockets. I swap my D3 battery out sometimes twice a day and I have full signal everywhere I'm at and a signal amplifier outside my office door.

Something must be wrong with your droid 3. I get more than a day of battery life on mine.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!