Leak 2.3.6 mobile hotspot fixed

redwood66

Reaction score
Received new Razr on warranty after VZW techs checked the old one against their network. It was determined to be a hardware issue. All seems to be working after I applied new .173 update to the new phone today. All devices are connecting - 2 latops, 2 kindles, PS3. And we're getting 14mbps dl speed! Woo Hoo! Got my unlimited data working overtime - 15GB for this month and 10GB since I activated the mobile hotspot last Friday. I think it was worth it to add it for $24/month with employee discount.

jmdearras try to get them to get you a new device.

jmdearras

Reaction score
Received new Razr on warranty after VZW techs checked the old one against their network. It was determined to be a hardware issue. All seems to be working after I applied new .173 update to the new phone today. All devices are connecting - 2 latops, 2 kindles, PS3. And we're getting 14mbps dl speed! Woo Hoo! Got my unlimited data working overtime - 15GB for this month and 10GB since I activated the mobile hotspot last Friday. I think it was worth it to add it for $24/month with employee discount.

jmdearras try to get them to get you a new device.

Where did you get them to check the razr against their network? I have trouble finding techs that can locate up without a level.

Jim

redwood66

Reaction score
I talked on the phone with the Twitter staff when they contacted me. They had to put in a ticket for their network staff to check how my phone was talking with the network. It takes 24-48 hours for the trouble ticket to be completed and they should contact you when it is done. If they determine that the phone is "talking" with the network correctly then it is a hardware/hotspot program issue in the phone itself. They overnighted a phone to me and I got it today. My phone may have been crap since I got it 9/11/11 because it never did take the December update and I had to factory reset it last Friday and it took both the one from December (50+mb) and the one from last week (150+mb). All seems to be working now with the new one.

jmdearras

Reaction score
I talked on the phone with the Twitter staff when they contacted me. They had to put in a ticket for their network staff to check how my phone was talking with the network. It takes 24-48 hours for the trouble ticket to be completed and they should contact you when it is done. If they determine that the phone is "talking" with the network correctly then it is a hardware/hotspot program issue in the phone itself. They overnighted a phone to me and I got it today. My phone may have been crap since I got it 9/11/11 because it never did take the December update and I had to factory reset it last Friday and it took both the one from December (50+mb) and the one from last week (150+mb). All seems to be working now with the new one.

vzwsupport? How did you get them to call you? This sounds very encouraging, my Hotspot has not worked since I got it the first week they were out. What did you say? :biggrin:

redwood66

Reaction score
Just call the *611 or 800-922-0204 option 3 for tech support. Tell them what problems you are having. You will have to go through their list of troubleshooting - factory reset, update of tower (PRL?), then if that does not work they will do the trouble ticket with the network guys. They have always been helpful for me in all my years with Verizon. Good luck.

jmdearras

Reaction score
Just call the *611 or 800-922-0204 option 3 for tech support. Tell them what problems you are having. You will have to go through their list of troubleshooting - factory reset, update of tower (PRL?), then if that does not work they will do the trouble ticket with the network guys. They have always been helpful for me in all my years with Verizon. Good luck.

*sigh* They always blame it on the other devices.

redwood66

Reaction score
Then you are talking to some people who are not helpful. It is not the other devices if none of them will stay connected. I did not even have them question that though. Sorry about that. Keep trying and try to ask through the direct message on Twitter.

jmdearras

Reaction score
Then you are talking to some people who are not helpful. It is not the other devices if none of them will stay connected. I did not even have them question that though. Sorry about that. Keep trying and try to ask through the direct message on Twitter.

To complicate things, the hotspot is working perfectly, at the moment. Tablet and laptop (I'm using it for this) are solid through it.

Jim

jmdearras

Reaction score
To complicate things, the hotspot is working perfectly, at the moment. Tablet and laptop (I'm using it for this) are solid through it.

Jim

It went back into intermittent operation. I worked with the Twitter folks, factory reset, etc. and now they are sending a replacement.

Jim