Launchers, which one do you like?

Reaction score
how come i seem to be the only one experiencing probs when i tried APEX-several times? :icon_eek:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
how come i seem to be the only one experiencing probs when i tried APEX-several times? :icon_eek:

I doubt you are the only one - you are just the only one in this thread :)... I run Apex on 2 devices - my gNex running DT's PZ ROM and my Maxx running the Moto ICS Leak...it performs differently on each device (both in good ways) so I am sure your experience is related to other apps you have downloaded or how you have your phone configured...If Nova works for ya, stick with it :)...

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Nova for me and I love it. But it has been a while since I tried Apex, today may be the day for that :biggrin:

billyk

Reaction score
Still rockin the stock browser. I am still holding on trying to keep the stock Google experience.

But, the lack of landscape view in the stock browser is lame, so I continue to be on the cusp of moving to a new launcher. Also, getting rid of the Google search at the top of the home screen is another plus. Gotta look into comparisons of Apex and Nova. Interesting thread so far.

ambrown

Reaction score
One of the features that Apex offers in the beta that I don't think any other launcher offers is the ability to add 1x1 widgets to the dockbar...that is pretty cool IMO...

Go Launcher has the ability to add some 1x1 widgets to the dock bar.

Update: Go Launcher can't actually add widgets to the dock bar, but I was able to get one of my most used widgets on it by adding it through applications. I tested it out and found that I couldn't add some other widgets and definitely not any if the pre-installed widgets.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

Last edited:

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
I use Apex as well. It performs very nicely, smooth and quick. I only had force close issues back when it force closed on boot up, but that has since been fixed.

I used Nova for a while, but didn't want to pay for the extra features. Yeah yeah yeah, I'm cheap. :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

billyk

Reaction score
Been using Apex, and now the Pro version. Very, very nice ICS launchers. Way more features than I need, but Apex offers some that I do need, that the stock launcher doesn't. Happy so far!

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
Got my Nexus on launch day, didn't care for the stock launcher, just wasn't enough customization available, then I heard about Nova launcher, custom Icons, custom skins, just oodles and oodles of goodies, it was a dream hookup for me, and it just keeps getting better too, recent update made it even faster, I wish I would have gotten the premium when it was on sale, but I'll definitely be getting it when it goes on sale again.

My Precious
View attachment 49421

armeddroid

Reaction score
I'm using DX Home. So far it's got transitions that no other launcher has.
•Time Warp
•Stacking (similar to ICS)
•Harp
•Boiling
•Gyro
•3D Wind aka Tornado

Genie in a Lamp screen effect for your app drawer is awesome.

It has a 3D screen preview. Folders open up like the IPhone. All widgets work, all LWPs work. Love a few of the widgets that are already built in. So far I'm using this one after Go Launcher Ex and I have just about used all of them except the ones created strictly for ICS.

I even have SPB Shell and I feel myself gravitating toward DX. ADW EX is getting old. LPP; Outdated and IDK where the dev is on that.
GO Launcher has been my only alternative to DX Home.

Give it a shot.
It's F.R.E.E.
~.^ lol

-Thunderbolt

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Just flashed AOKP the other day and have been using Apex ever since.

Psyman

Reaction score
I've checked the market for nova launcher but can't find it. Any other place it may be?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I've checked the market for nova launcher but can't find it. Any other place it may be?

It only works with ICS. So if you are not running ICS in some form then it is not compatible unfortunately.

Durandgir

Reaction score
GalaxyFlatulence said:

Trust me you are not. I have yet to have any luck with apex. I have had all the same issues as you. I guess we just are not as lucky.

pool_shark

Reaction score
I just switched to apex. Go launcher is a bit more stable, but apex has more gestures and it can display the unread gmail count.