LauncherPro hijacked my phone...

cadre.9

Reaction score
I read some interesting stuff about LauncherPro so I installed the app. After exploring it some I decided to go back to the default launcher for my Droid X so I installed Home Switcher (I should have been suspicious when I realized I needed to get a whole new new app to control LauncherPro). I reset my original Home and that worked but each time I press the Home key it reverts to the LauncherPro interface. I would still like to explore LP in the future but right now I want my original screens. I even did a 'force stop' on LP but it will not go away.

Is unnstalling the entire app the only way I can return Home?

cadre

Reaction score
I believe u need to uninstall it to go back to stock.....not totally sure, someone will chime in.....

I ran LP for a while and it was ok... Someone here mentioned the GO launcher so I tried it and have been running it since. I think its much better than LP, they are constantly updating it with new features too

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

My DROID beat-up your iphone

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Theres an app called Home Switcher for Froyo on the market for free. Lets you swap which your using and clear out default so that you can change it to stock or whatever one you like.

OP
cadre.9

cadre.9

Reaction score
Nothing seems to be working for me so I'll just uninstall. Maybe I'll try it again another time. Thanks all for your input.

Cadre

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use home smack....easier then home switcher to me. anyway you can set a default. To be honest I can't stand the default after configuring Launcher Pro the way I like it. I keep coming back no matter what.

jengas kahn

Reaction score
or you could just go into...
settings>applications>manage applications>launcher pro and hit the "clear defaults" button.

next time you hit home you'll be prompted to pick between the two.
check the box that says use as default or whatever, and then hit the stock launcher

or you could just pick whichever home you want every single time you hit the home soft key. which could get annoying.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I use home smack....easier then home switcher to me. anyway you can set a default. To be honest I can't stand the default after configuring Launcher Pro the way I like it. I keep coming back no matter what.

I havent tried any others. I found home switcher and got used to it and didnt have a reason to try a different one.

Im like that with ADW Ex. I like LP too but the fact that you have to purchase it to get some (what i consider) basic features annoys me.....