Cannot uninstall launcherpro?

Persuaded

Reaction score
I posted this on the lp forum, but I didn't get a single reply in 2 days. Here is my problem:

I decided to uninstall launcherpro for a day and run stock launcher to compare battery life. To my surprise I could not uninstall the application. Upon going to setting>applications>launcherpro I only got the option to "uninstall updates." I also tired to uninstall it through the market and I get the same problem. I decided to go ahead and hit "uninstall updates" to see what would happen. What happened after the uninstall was that inevitably upon hitting home I was asked which launcher I wanted to use, LP or stock. However, the launcherpro icon was now blue instead of the classic orange. Apparently the "uninstall updates" did just that (shocker) and I went to the classic version of LP. What is weird is that it does NOT show up in my applications list, nor in the market under the downloaded section.

I decided to try again and re installed LP from the market. This time I set my default launcher to stock tried to uninstall LP once again. Same issue. I could not uninstall the application, just the updates.

Anyone care to help?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I posted this on the lp forum, but I didn't get a single reply in 2 days. Here is my problem:

I decided to uninstall launcherpro for a day and run stock launcher to compare battery life. To my surprise I could not uninstall the application. Upon going to setting>applications>launcherpro I only got the option to "uninstall updates." I also tired to uninstall it through the market and I get the same problem. I decided to go ahead and hit "uninstall updates" to see what would happen. What happened after the uninstall was that inevitably upon hitting home I was asked which launcher I wanted to use, LP or stock. However, the launcherpro icon was now blue instead of the classic orange. Apparently the "uninstall updates" did just that (shocker) and I went to the classic version of LP. What is weird is that it does NOT show up in my applications list, nor in the market under the downloaded section.

I decided to try again and re installed LP from the market. This time I set my default launcher to stock tried to uninstall LP once again. Same issue. I could not uninstall the application, just the updates.

Anyone care to help?

I know I've used Launcher Pro before and I just checked. It's not on my Droid.

I don't know what to tell you other then contact the developer. Either that or root your Droid, you certainly would be able to get rid of it with Root Explorer.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's weird. I have LP and there is indeed a button to uninstall. Are you rooted? if so you can manually delete the apk file to kill the app.

FWIW, I'm running version 0.7.4.0. Maybe updating will allow uninstallation?

OP
P

Persuaded

Reaction score
Yes thank you guys! I am rooted and I am using LP 0.7.4.0. How can I manually uninstall it with root explorer?

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
go to data>app folder and scroll down to com.fede.launcher-2.apk file. That's your LPro.

Long press it and select Rename.
Put a "bak" on the end so it's com.fede.launcher-2.apkbak (I say to do this just in case something gets weird you can rename it back and be back where you started; just a habit I practice).

Then reboot. It should be gone now.

OP
P

Persuaded

Reaction score
go to data>app folder and scroll down to com.fede.launcher-2.apk file. That's your LPro.

Long press it and select Rename.
Put a "bak" on the end so it's com.fede.launcher-2.apkbak (I say to do this just in case something gets weird you can rename it back and be back where you started; just a habit I practice).

Then reboot. It should be gone now.

Instead of seeing it as com.fede.launcher-2.apk mine says com.fede.launcher-1.apk. Do i still do what you mentioned above?

Thanks a lot

OP
P

Persuaded

Reaction score
Here is what I was talking about

cap201008131451.jpg

Won't let me uninstall. Bump

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
So ... Uninstall the updates, then go back and see what it says if still there .... and then we'll go from there.

Sounds to me that you didn't do the initial install from the market, was this a themed launcherpro?

If so then uninstall updates, then in a file manager go to the apk and open it that way to the uninstaller, then see what you got.

Also, before you do any of this, go back and make your stock launcher the default.

Last edited:
OP
P

Persuaded

Reaction score
So ... Uninstall the updates, then go back and see what it says if still there .... and then we'll go from there.

Sounds to me that you didn't do the initial install from the market, was this a themed launcherpro?

If so then uninstall updates, then in a file manager go to the apk and open it that way to the uninstaller, then see what you got.

Also, before you do any of this, go back and make your stock launcher the default.

When I uninstall updates and return to settings>applications>LP it's still there but the uninstall button is grayed out, not letting me press it.

This is no themed launcherpro either.

I'm stumped

DavePDX

Reaction score
Persuaded, I notice that in the screenshot there is a scroll bar. Are there any options available below what is shown in your screenshot?