Do you Have Launcherpro Issues?

nooter99

Reaction score
Started using Launcherpro about 10 days ago. Absolutely loved it, but since the last update (installed this morning) it has gotten buggy and laggy. One example: after using ATK, I hit the return soft key expecting to go to home screen and it goes to phone screen, but with no keypad! Have to then hit home soft key and it takes several seconds before it very slowly displays home screen, keep thinking it's about to lock up the phone. Also seems to be generally laggy since update. I was thinking this was the best app I've come across yet, until today! Any other launcherpro users having these issues?? Even being very laggy doing this post. Haven't tried a battery pull yet, guess I'll do that now.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
my bad i did not read the entire op. I like launcherpro. It is real smooth for me. Try uninstalling and clearing the cache. The reinstall.

dwagner88

Reaction score
I have about 7-8 seconds of lockup with it when I restart the phone, but once it gets going, its extremely smooth and un-laggy for me. I'm overclocked, but only to 800 mhz.

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Nice n Smooth here. However, I have tried the new Beautiful Widgets LW and it becomes laggy.

Taegost

Reaction score
Started using Launcherpro about 10 days ago. Absolutely loved it, but since the last update (installed this morning) it has gotten buggy and laggy. One example: after using ATK, I hit the return soft key expecting to go to home screen and it goes to phone screen, but with no keypad! Have to then hit home soft key and it takes several seconds before it very slowly displays home screen, keep thinking it's about to lock up the phone. Also seems to be generally laggy since update. I was thinking this was the best app I've come across yet, until today! Any other launcherpro users having these issues?? Even being very laggy doing this post. Haven't tried a battery pull yet, guess I'll do that now.

How do you use ATK? Improper use of a task killer program will cause stability issues, battery drain, and lag, especially if you're killing a dependancy of another application.
I would stop ATK from auto-killing apps if you have it doing so and don't use it at all for a few days and see if it improves.
I completely un-installed ATK last week, and I don't miss it... My phone runs better and i get better battery life now that it's not auto-killing programs that keep auto-starting.

OP
N

nooter99

Reaction score
Taegost, I've always had autokill disabled. Trying to convince myself I don't need ATK, but it's like trying kick a heroin addiction! LOL!!! Did a battery pull and it seems to be quite a bit better. I hope it stays this way, I think it's a great app.

OP
N

nooter99

Reaction score
Spoke too soon, still takes me to phone with no dial pad after exiting ATK! Dev, please fix.

hemidroid

Reaction score
I've been toying with Launcherpro off and on for a week. This latest update is quirky, froze my screen etc. Uninstalled! Needless to say I can live without it.

blamejake

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up. Definitely NOT going to update (yet). I'm happy to leave well enough alone.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
I'm having no issues at all with the latest update....changed out the default dock items to what I wanted and everything is running great.

If it runs great except when exiting ATK.....don't run ATK and exit it....especially since task killers offer you no benefit.

Droids

Reaction score
Rule #1: If you're phone is acting weird in any way and you have any sort of app killer or memory manager installed, uninstall the app killer for a day before bothering to post. Not directed at the OP or anyone else in particular, just saying...

Especially frustrating when we find out the Verizon rep recommended it or even installed at the store for the user.

jgumphress

Reaction score
I used Helix Launched for some time and thought it was the best. I kept hearing so much about Launcher Pro that I figured I would give it a try. I liked it so much that I deleted the Helix app and set Launcher Pro as my new default launcher. In fact when it comes out of beta and offers a paid/donate version I will buy it. I always support the developers when possible.