launcherpro help

athack

Reaction score
just did this and it worked... make nandroid backup... then download adw launcher if u dont have another home replacement... backup launcherpro settings and homescreens... thru root explorer go to system/apps.. mount as r/w long press launcherpro.apk delete it... u then must reboot go to market and reinstall launcherpro... hope it helps... it did solve my problem

OP
L

lonzorizo

Reaction score
I deleted launcherpro using titanium...rebooted, then installed launcherpro from the market and all is well!

jbrock98

Reaction score
Is there any big changes 2 launcherpro? B/c if not I don't see no reason 2 update

Sent from my Droid

Not unless you use LP Facebook widgets. Those got hosed in 8.0 and 8.1 fixes them. Otherwise you are good to go.

I prefer to have up-datable apps out of /system so I can update them at will.

Well that means I need 2 update then....I downloaded adw launcher then set it as my home replacement then went into root explorer /system/app mount r/o & deleted launcher pro apk I then rebooted then tried 2 download but it said unsuccessful so then i went to /settings/applications & cleared market data rebooted & tried with same results...did I miss a step???

Sent from my Droid

ZBoater

Reaction score
Well that means I need 2 update then....I downloaded adw launcher then set it as my home replacement then went into root explorer /system/app mount r/o & deleted launcher pro apk I then rebooted then tried 2 download but it said unsuccessful so then i went to /settings/applications & cleared market data rebooted & tried with same results...did I miss a step???

Sent from my Droid

No, you don't seem to have missed a step. Odd. Try downloading the apk directly from the developer's site. The link is in Market.

jbrock98

Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

No, you don't seem to have missed a step. Odd. Try downloading the apk directly from the developer's site. The link is in Market.

Odd enough I tried downloading it one more time when I got home from work & bang it downloads
Sent from my Droid

drpaul07

Reaction score
After all these steps are followed (deleting apk from /system, rebooting, then downloading), should the apk then be moved back to /system? Or is it ok to leave it in /data and not have a launcher apk at all in /system?