launcher2

vandyike

Reaction score
Did OTA update this am and it completed successfully. When I slid to unlock I received the message "the application Launcher(process com.android.launcher2) has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again. When I force close it keeps coming back to the same message. Unable to do anything with phone. Pulled battery samo samo. Anyone solved this. Thanks

Foy

Reaction score
same issue

Same thing happened to me. Somebody please respond the phone is as good as bricked.

stevehy

Reaction score
Boot into safe mode and delete launcher 2. Then, reboot, should be fixed.

OP
V

vandyike

Reaction score
Went to Verizon-finally did factory reset. Almost back to normal but with 3 screens. Does anyone know if I reinstall the launcher that it works with 2.1?

samiusmc

Reaction score
Went to Verizon-finally did factory reset. Almost back to normal but with 3 screens. Does anyone know if I reinstall the launcher that it works with 2.1?

As of now, the launcher 2 does not work well with 2.1 on the Droid. If you want a great launcher that gives you up to 7 home screens, check out HelixLauncher in the Market. It's free and it's the best home replacement so far. Just make sure you don't try HelixLauncher 2 because it will put you in the same force closed loop you were previously in .

jimmay99

Reaction score
How can I boot into safe mode nothing I do seem to work

stevehy

Reaction score
Hold the menu key on the slide out keyboard during boot until you see the message about safe mode.

Last edited:

plongson

Reaction score

As of now, the launcher 2 does not work well with 2.1 on the Droid. If you want a great launcher that gives you up to 7 home screens, check out HelixLauncher in the Market. It's free and it's the best home replacement so far. Just make sure you don't try HelixLauncher 2 because it will put you in the same force closed loop you were previously in .

Launcher 2 works fine on my 2.1 That said, It's not set as default. No problems as of now...

jimmay99

Reaction score
I try holding down the menu key but it goes into a loop.

stevehy

Reaction score
credit to Droid-Life:

So how do we boot into “safe mode”?
1. Power off your device.
2. Slide open the keyboard and power on by holding power and “menu” at the same time.
(Use the menu key on the physical keyboard.)
3. Continue holding the menu key until you get to the Droid eye.
4. The phone should now vibrate if done correctly.
5. Release menu and your phone should boot with “Safe Mode” showing in the bottom left corner.

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The launcher works great with 2.1 if you use Woody's launcher 2. That said, it doesn't work with the newest build 2.1 yet. Woody's working to fix it.

mikespe

Reaction score
credit to Droid-Life:

So how do we boot into “safe mode”?
1. Power off your device.
2. Slide open the keyboard and power on by holding power and “menu” at the same time.
(Use the menu key on the physical keyboard.)
3. Continue holding the menu key until you get to the Droid eye.
4. The phone should now vibrate if done correctly.
5. Release menu and your phone should boot with “Safe Mode” showing in the bottom left corner.

Pghone won't go to Safe Mode? I get to the Eye I get a longer than normal vibrate, I let go of the menu and it goes back the where it says "Droid" thebn back to the EYE then it just goes to Normal mode? I have Launcher2 set as default and can;'t get into my phone to fix anything! Is it Bricked?