2.1 force close - please help

gruve

Reaction score
I unrooted my phone using the dmupdater, downloaded 2.1 from google, everything installed with no issues. After I swiped to unlock my phone I keep getting force close over and over saying .. "The application Launcher (process com.android.launcher2) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" I force close yet prompts me to keep force closing over and over... not allowing me get to the home screen.

Any help? Unable to use my phone. Thanks

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This is a job for the Rescue Squad...

Good luck

OP
gruve

gruve

Reaction score
Yes, I have rebooted several times. I can get into my phone but force close keeps coming back.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Where did you download the 2.1 update. 2.1 does not have the launcher because it was too unstable.

OP
gruve

gruve

Reaction score
I downloaded it from the link in the general forum. Direct link to google. I believe the launcher is from a previous rom I had installed, Launcher2 from Droidmod I believe. The phone boots as normal, just when you go to swipe unlock the force close pops up over and over. I can pull down the top status bar between the force close pop up's but can not access the home screen.

OP
gruve

gruve

Reaction score
Need to run to my hockey game, will check the forum when I get back. Anyone that can help it would be much appreciated.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Reboot phone into recovery do simple restore of nandroid backup (latest). And If you choose to 2.1 you probably need to remove the launcher app.

kwickcut

Reaction score
i am having the same problem and i can not reboot into recovery mode i am at the screen and when i hit the up volume and camera button and nothing happens i have tried this a few times

Reboot phone into recovery do simple restore of nandroid backup (latest). And If you choose to 2.1 you probably need to remove the launcher app.

kwick

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
i am having the same problem and i can not reboot into recovery mode i am at the screen and when i hit the up volume and camera button and nothing happens i have tried this a few times

kwick
The screen does not move off the Exclamation point?

If no press the Volume Key first then try the camera key. some people are having a heck of a time doing that so you are not alone.

Once in delete the launcher and that will fix the issue.

kwickcut

Reaction score
ok i have gotten in after 10 tries lol... but the only options i have is

reboot system now
update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

kwick

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
ok i have gotten in after 10 tries lol... but the only options i have is

reboot system now
update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

kwick
lol you are going to kill me : )

I took you in the wrong direction. Factory reset was on my mind. You need to boot into safe mode. Sorry. I'm all over the place right now.

Heres how to boot into safe mode.

First just reboot. Then:

1. Power off your device.
2. Slide open the keyboard and power on by holding power AND the “menu” key at the same time.
(menu key is on the physical keyboard. Little dashes)
3. Continue holding the menu key until you get to the Droid eye.
4. The phone should now vibrate and boot into safe mode. You will see "Safe Mode" in bottom left corner.

From there go into applications and delete it from there.

Again apologies

specmac

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

kwick
The screen does not move off the Exclamation point?

If no press the Volume Key first then try the camera key. some people are having a heck of a time doing that so you are not alone.

Once in delete the launcher and that will fix the issue.

By "delete" he means uninstall. :)

kwickcut

Reaction score
got ya lol but i was kwick on the drawl..... i set phone to default the rebooted and reactivated the phone once i did that i have the verizon 2.1update installed. all i needed to do was sync my google pluss contacts and all was good to go thanks for the help... your way would have been better no doubt

kwick

OP
gruve

gruve

Reaction score
CK- Thank you for your help, booting into safe mode then uninstalling worked, took 2 minutes.