after rooting??

hondaguy520

Reaction score
didnt read the whole thread but you cannot delete or freeze the backup assistance thing, even if you dont use it .. some how its linked to the contacts and if you freeze it , contacts storage doesnt work

Milo_Azar

Reaction score
I did the 1-click root method and i have titanium back-up and i've unistalled kindle books,vzw apps,blockbuster,books,citrix,city id,flickr,gotomeeting,giuded tours,lets golf,news,nfl mobile,nova,quick office,social location,social messaging,social networking,twitter authenticator,vcast media manager,vcast music,vcast tones,vz nav,yahoo contacts,yahoo mail authenticator and no i haven't done a battery pull yet.

I did the exact same thing with my X2! What it is is the Yahoo Mail Authenticator! From what I found on here it has to do with the contacts for some reason or another. The way I fixed mine is I had to run the SBF 2.2.2 and then perform the upgrade back to 2.3.4, then do the 1-click root. Just whatever you do don't delete the yahoo. There is a good list on here of apps/files that you can delete without causing any problems. Good luck!

(If someone responded to this the same as me I apologize, I'm at work and thought I would respond while I had the chance without reading all the posts.)

fishacura

Reaction score
Many of you are saying you just freeze the aps. Which application do you do this in? I don't have titanium backup I have my backup pro but can get whatever I need...just not sure how to go about doing the freeze

dmg

Reaction score
depending upon which version of the one click root method you have then there is an option to restore your system/apps file. Instead of learning how to use adb and messing with system files more than you already have i would try the one click method. I personally don't remember where i downloaded my version but it has the system/apps files on my computer now.