I keep getting error messages...

Kalel24

Reaction score
Does anyone get these error messages at boot up of your phone;

Sorry!
The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly.please try again.

Sorry!
The Process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. please try again.

Whenever i get those two error messages on my phone, i get no service. No bars with a white "X" above it. Does anybody have an idea how to fix?

P.S.
I am still one of the few that have the 1.5 software version on my droid eris.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ummm, why would you not update software? It's possible that the updates exist to fix these particular problems...

OP
K

Kalel24

Reaction score
Im a noob :D i wouldnt know how to update the software. I wouldnt want to do it manualy cause i dont want to mess up my phone. I am still waiting for the update from verizon.

OP
K

Kalel24

Reaction score
Sadly to say the battery idea didnt work for me. Awww nutz!

acousticshade

Reaction score
Reset may be needed

This happens on occasion and sometimes pulling the battery works, sometimes you need to do a hard reset. I've had a few apps that have caused a crash that forced me to do a full reset (at least that's what Verizon says), so I am a lot more careful what I download. Make sure you read all the comments before installing an app.

OP
K

Kalel24

Reaction score
I think yur right, it may be the apps. A hard reset didnt work for me at first but after i booted up my eris i uninstalled one app at random than did a hard reset again and it fixed my eris. Oo This one is a head scratcher for me :icon_eek:

RCFlyn

Reaction score
Ummm, why would you not update software? It's possible that the updates exist to fix these particular problems...

I did Verizon's update a few weeks ago, afterwards, NOTHING worked except Voice calls, and Texts. And I mean NOTHING worked. I kept getting "Something or another Error. FORCE SHUTDOWN".. Took it to Verizon, they fiddled with it, and just replaced the phone.
She even told me NOT to do the Update when the NEW phone, running 1.5, Said it wants to update..
So I haven't...
I'm SKEERED... LOL...

Reaction score
I updated the Droid Eris from 1.5 to 2.1 at Best Buy when i was waiting for a friend pre order his EVO. it was pretty neat.

namu1107

Reaction score
I would try clearing your call log and app cache. If that doesn't work, I would uninstall apps that have to do with your dialer one by one (the com.android.phone). Some poorly developed apps have greatly negative affects on your phone. If that doesn't work, you might have to do a hard reset. Hard resets really take care of a lot of problems that people have.