Launcher2 Redraw Delays

Jimmyzla

Reaction score
Anyone else notice EXTENSIVE screen redraw delays with Launcher2 on CM6 RC2? The background loads (not a live wallpaper) and then can sit there for up to a minute. Will swipe between screens but no icons. Tried with zero widgets and had same problem.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
There are several threads pertaining to this. Use the search function in the future instead of wasting a whole new thread. Here is a thread for bugless beast but follow the instructions for minfreemanager and you'll be set. It also helps to turn off animations. Cm6 also has the vmheapsize setting that can be changed which can also help. I'm not familiar with it but do some research on it if you need to if the other suggestions don't work.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/58850-cant-take-home-screen-redraws-anymore-2.html

OP
J

Jimmyzla

Reaction score
Sorry - I had searched but had not come across that thread which appears to have been helpful. Thanks.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
The search function on the forum isn't the greatest, I've actually found it easier to use google search with droidforums as part of the search query.

However, ask away, imo, this is a help forum, so if you can't find the info it seems the next step is to ask!

:p

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I didn't mean to come off rude if I did in any way. Hopefully those tips will help. They sure did for me! Good luck.

OP
J

Jimmyzla

Reaction score
The thread was extremely helpful thanks once again. I am finding the version of Spare Parts that is included with CM6 RC2 does not have the option to keep the launcher in memory. I am weighing the options of loading one of the versions of SP that does support that or holding out for the final release of CM6.