CM6 Screen Redraw Issues

securitynick

Reaction score
Anyone having screen re-drawing issues with CM6? I'm on the official release now but have been noticing problems since RC3. What happens is a lot of times I'm running an app, no real rhyme or reason as to which app, and I click home (or back out) & the screen takes a while to re-draw, like literally about 20-30 seconds. And then after it finally draws that screen I'm on, it takes forever for me to swipe left or right to another screen, or when I zoom out to the previews, it takes a while to zoom out and back into the screen I select.

I have tried to wipe data and clear cache and did a fresh install, but that doesn't seem to make a difference. Any ideas?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Lock home in the memory. It's pretty much the only way to try to fix it other than enabling compcache. Even with both of these enabled it might not fix it.

drpaul07

Reaction score
Going to ADW settings, and checking 'system persistent' works pretty well.

fry-lock

Reaction score
All the 2.2 roms I've tried have serious redraw issues with all launchers. My wife's stock droid even has them, she even asked me if rooting her phone would fix it, which means its a big problem for her because she doesn't like me messing around with her electronics.

Like other said, locking the launcher in memory helps. Minfreemanager is also helpful, but I still get them all the time. What's happening is the OS is killing the launcher to make room in memory. I'm seriously thinking about going back to 2.1 if I can't find a rom that doesn't have this problem.

I have high hopes for BB, I just loaded it on today, so we'll see.

Z

ZeroBarrier

There's already multiple threads with complaints about this, please try searching next time.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/koush/77047-lock-home-memory.html

Also, a "fix" is detailed in that thread.

Credit to samsonite801
If you use ADW or LauncherPro and if after using your browser, email or any other apps for awhile, then if you press the 'HOME' button, if it takes forever to redraw your home screen, and you are sick of that HORRIBLE LAG, then try this: In a terminal, type su and enter. Then type echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop and enter. Then reboot. Now evaluate whether or not this fixes your lag. If you want to undo what this command does, simply remove that toggle from: /data/local.prop

IS AWESOME!

The fix was originally posted here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/li...-awesomeness-themes-galore-24.html#post787052

jville95

Reaction score
All the 2.2 roms I've tried have serious redraw issues with all launchers. My wife's stock droid even has them, she even asked me if rooting her phone would fix it, which means its a big problem for her because she doesn't like me messing around with her electronics.

Like other said, locking the launcher in memory helps. Minfreemanager is also helpful, but I still get them all the time. What's happening is the OS is killing the launcher to make room in memory. I'm seriously thinking about going back to 2.1 if I can't find a rom that doesn't have this problem.

I have high hopes for BB, I just loaded it on today, so we'll see.

You should try UD 8.