Launcher Pro Updates?

dolpns13

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the deal is with all the LauncherPro updates? There are constantly updates, (I got 2 this week). The developer never says what the updates are for in the market.

does anyone know what these updates are for?

Last edited:
OP
dolpns13

dolpns13

Reaction score
Oh, another quick question..

How do I get back into the launcherpro settings on my driod? I completely forgot and cant find it anywhere.

Please help.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Bugfixes and added features. Right in the app description in the market it points to the devs homepage for the changelog. I suggest you uninstall it and go back to the stock launcher because it seems that you don't like active developers improving and bug fixing their applications. Your other option is to just NOT update it.

truestloyaltyeva

Reaction score
Well you can go to www.launcherpro.com and he gives out "changelogs" for all the new changes... also to get to your settings... from your homescreen -> menu -> preferences... hope this helped

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Darkseider

Reaction score

How do I get back into the launcherpro settings on my driod? I completely forgot and cant find it anywhere.

Please help.

When you are on your home screen hit the menu button on the Droid. There will be an option called "preferences"

truestloyaltyeva

Reaction score
Bugfixes and added features. Right in the app description in the market it points to the devs homepage for the changelog. I suggest you uninstall it and go back to the stock launcher because it seems that you don't like active developers improving and bug fixing their applications. Your other option is to just NOT update it.

LoL... I like when developers continue to update... that just means its getting better and better and better... I actually be looking forward to it

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the deal is with all the LauncherPro updates? There are constantly updates, (I got 2 this week). Its so annoying and the developer never says what the updates are for in the market.

does anyone know what the heck these updates are for? Although its a very good app, the updates are starting to annoy me big time, especially when I have no idea what he is updating. I have been thinking about uninstalling because of it.

Are you seriously griping about about a developer providing support for his app. The launcher is named beta so you should expect a lot of updates.
As for knowing what the changes are: you can view every change he has made and also download older versions at his website, look in the market or go to LauncherPro . Also he is constantly on this site monitoring his thread and trying to fix bugs.

Everytime there is an update I have to retheme my launcher but I don't mind because I know the updates are just making the app better.

I wish more Devs were as commited to listening to their users and fixing bugs quickly. Great job Fede!

OP
dolpns13

dolpns13

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion however I will take exception to it. It is obvious myself, such as anyone would enjoy and accept bug fixes and such, however, most updates in the market SAY what the update is for, unfortunately LauncherPro does not. Being I only had have had my driod for a short period of time, the developer should understand there are new people who have gotten the driod and do not fully understand what it is he is doing.. He should have explanations for this - that being said, i have no idea what a changlog is.. Im an accountant, not a computer guru..

Anyways, thanks for the feedback

OP
dolpns13

dolpns13

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the deal is with all the LauncherPro updates? There are constantly updates, (I got 2 this week). Its so annoying and the developer never says what the updates are for in the market.

does anyone know what the heck these updates are for? Although its a very good app, the updates are starting to annoy me big time, especially when I have no idea what he is updating. I have been thinking about uninstalling because of it.

Are you seriously griping about about a developer providing support for his app. The launcher is named beta so you should expect a lot of updates.
As for knowing what the changes are: you can view every change he has made and also download older versions at his website, look in the market or go to LauncherPro . Also he is constantly on this site monitoring his thread and trying to fix bugs.

Everytime there is an update I have to retheme my launcher but I don't mind because I know the updates are just making the app better.

I wish more Devs were as commited to listening to their users and fixing bugs quickly. Great job Fede!

I do not mind the updates, I just wanted to know what they were for... Thanks for the link, I had no idea he had one.

OP
dolpns13

dolpns13

Reaction score

Please help.

When you are on your home screen hit the menu button on the Droid. There will be an option called "preferences"

Thanks! I have been trying to look for this for weeks now.

liquidzoo

Reaction score
Handcent doesn't list what their fixes are either, but if you scroll to the bottom of the app page on the Market, most app developers list a website, and most of those websites have changelogs.

The space on the Market is limited, and with Launcher Pro especially it's usually not just one small thing that's changed. The author is constantly making vast improvements and needs more space (via his website) to fully explain everything that he's changing.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score

He's just making it better. New features and listening to the bugs from the users. It's a great app and it's free.

You can run stock if you choose. Trust me, you won't ever have to worry about annoying updates with it....

OP
dolpns13

dolpns13

Reaction score
Thanks all for the feedback... I am definitely not phone savy and am learning all the ins and outs of these products.

The unknown always causes confusion.