Droid update this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

rschiller

Reaction score
I had a system update this morning. I was already running 2.01. Does anyone know what this update was for. Under settings, it says that I still have 2.01.

Thanks,

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Most likely minor update to fix the bad 2.0.1 push that some users got a while back....FB Fix

glennj

Reaction score
When I got the phone it already had 2.0.1 on it as well and is instructing me to update this morning too.

The update file size is 61.4 MB. Size-wise, anyone know how this compares to the first 2.0.1 update, if this second one is insignificant.......

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
When I got the phone it already had 2.0.1 on it as well and is instructing me to update this morning too.

The update file size is 61.4 MB. Size-wise, anyone know how this compares to the first 2.0.1 update, if this second one is insignificant.......

Did you install it?

What version does you phone say you have?

Arkainzeye

Reaction score
I woke up today to ( NO ) update at all.... I honestly didnt think it was happening today always, so no biggie.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is being checked on now....i'll post more once I get clarification

glennj

Reaction score

Did you install it?

What version does you phone say you have?

I didn't install yet........I bought it after the update, so it had 2.0.1 installed already.

Reaction score

The first update, if I remember correctly, was only around 10MB, so this update is HUGE in comparison. If you do update, note the kernel and build number (settings -> about phone) before and after.

I wonder if this contains an update for the browser to get rid of the horrible lag that 2.0.1 introduced.

carbine

Reaction score
I got this update today as well... 61MB or whatnot, 2.0.1. I got all excited then realized I heard someone got the same thing a couple days ago.

Model Number: Droid

Firmware Version: 2.0.1

Baseband Version: C_01.3E.01P

Kernel Version: 2.6.29-omap1-g0dd7e0b
android-build@apa26 #511

Build Number: ESD56

Noticed no differences yet.

Reaction score
I got this update today as well... 61MB or whatnot, 2.0.1. I got all excited then realized I heard someone got the same thing a couple days ago.

android-build@apa26 #511

Huh :/

I found elsewhere that somebody said you can now update the facebook app (from the market) after this update (I guess you couldn't do it before???). Other than that, no major differences, which I find amazing for a 60MB file. Did you notice browser lag after the 2.0 -> 2.0.1 update? If so, if there any change to that?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

android-build@apa26 #511

That's the build i'm on now....is there any difference in scrolling affects or what not? If it's a maint. release the build number should change

diverken

Reaction score
We have two Droid's and both got the OTA update this morning. Both phones were running 2.01 and still are! No idea what the update was for.

Status
Not open for further replies.