Latest Update

Received the update and was able to root using the aroot method, z4root will not work .
http://ponack.net/designgears/atrix/aRoot/

Thanks for the info. I see lots of info about using "aroot" on the Motorola Atrix, but not much on using it on the DPro. Is it the same process? Do you have a particular guide you used?

Thanks.

So easy , just connect ur device in usb mode(media sync) , wait untill your laptop recognize and click on the aroot.bat it will be rooted within seconds afterwards it will be rebooted.

Received the update and was able to root using the aroot method, z4root will not work .
http://ponack.net/designgears/atrix/aRoot/

Thanks for the info. I see lots of info about using "aroot" on the Motorola Atrix, but not much on using it on the DPro. Is it the same process? Do you have a particular guide you used?

Thanks.

So easy , just connect ur device in usb mode(media sync) , wait untill your laptop recognize and click on the aroot.bat it will be rooted within seconds afterwards it will be rebooted.

Ok cool. Thanks for the quick response. One last question, when I download aroot, the file extension is ".7z", not ".bat". Does it need to be unzipped or something? Just edit the extension? Thanks again.

Thanks.

Ok cool. Thanks for the quick response. One last question, when I download aroot, the file extension is ".7z", not ".bat". Does it need to be unzipped or something? Just edit the extension? Thanks again.
Just Unzipit/unrar and you will find inside it a batch called aroot.bat for rootingand unroot.bat for unrooting

No update yet in the Huntsville area of North Alabama.

Just thought knowing regions where it had and hadn't been offered might give some insight as to when it is available.

Update Help!

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I was just reading posts about recent updates and I'm concerned about my phone now.

When I look at the system version for my Droid Pro it says "Version 2.26.60XT610"

Is it just me or does this seem really old and I should have had a few updates now?

Can someone help me with this? How can I updated my Pro??

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I was just reading posts about recent updates and I'm concerned about my phone now.

When I look at the system version for my Droid Pro it says "Version 2.26.60XT610"

Is it just me or does this seem really old and I should have had a few updates now?

it's simple.
>>settings
>>About phone
>>System updates
thats all ;)

it's simple.
>>settings
>>About phone
>>System updates
thats all ;)

Ahhh if only that simple :laugh:

I've been doing that for months and it just always says that I'm all up to date. "Your device is up to date! No update is necessary at this time" is the message I get every time.

How do I fix this!?!?

You are on the current version, but just haven't received the update that is being released sporatically....

Hopefully everyone will receive within the next couple of weeks....:icon_ banana:

it's simple.
>>settings
>>About phone
>>System updates
thats all ;)

I've been doing that for months and it just always says that I'm all up to date. "Your device is up to date! No update is necessary at this time" is the message I get every time.

How do I fix this!?!?

I'm afraid you'll have to endure, few people here also mentioned that in their location update is not available. It's strange I'm from Czech Republic and enjoy the update for 2 days and really got the joy of it. No longer unbearable restarts every time the phone lost signal.

it's simple.
>>settings
>>About phone
>>System updates
thats all ;)

How do I fix this!?!?

I'm afraid you'll have to endure, few people here also mentioned that in their location update is not available. It's strange I'm from Czech Republic and enjoy the update for 2 days and really got the joy of it. No longer unbearable restarts every time the phone lost signal.

Alex7er, would you mind please to upload the update somewhere for us to download?

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

Here guys, I put up a mirror for it on FileServe. The speedyshare has a traffic cap so only a few people can download it every 15 min.. but there u go, just to get this stuff out there a bit faster. Annoying to wait so long!! Have fun, again just a mirror! The real praise belongs to Tony at XDA devs. Same instructions as in the above link apply! Droid Pro OTA Update 3.8.7

Back