Latest Update

So with the update we can use gsm sims like ATT here in the States?

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

Does it support root??

I saw a post by Android wizard extraordinaire, CellZealot, over at MyDroidForums, who claims :

"... it supports root and is an excellent build. It also supports using the band unlock and GSM performance is far superior to the previous radio firmware. Overall this build is incredibly stable and without question the best build yet for this phone."

That's good enough for me.
Hey, that sounds encouraging, but what does "supports root" mean?

Does it support root??

I saw a post by Android wizard extraordinaire, CellZealot, over at MyDroidForums, who claims :

"... it supports root and is an excellent build. It also supports using the band unlock and GSM performance is far superior to the previous radio firmware. Overall this build is incredibly stable and without question the best build yet for this phone."

I would think that it means it can be rooted using currently available methods.

I'm not rooted, but maybe it means that those folks who have rooted their phones don't have to go through the process of putting the phone back to "stock" before receiving an update. I remember the last update released in Dec...the forums were full of people who had rooted and couldn't get the update because they had removed something or lost a file etc. If support root means OTA updates are downloadable without un-rooting (probably not likely) I think that would be great for the "Rooters".

Last edited:
and as usual Verizon has pulled the new update instruction page and replaced it with the current OS info....these guys are so predictable....

I'm not rooted, but maybe it means that those folks who have rooted their phones don't have to go through the process of putting the phone back to "stock" before receiving an update. I remember the last update released in Dec...the forums were full of people who had rooted and couldn't get the update because they had removed something or lost a file etc. If support root means OTA updates are downloadable without un-rooting (probably not likely) I think that would be great for the "Rooters".

I've been rooted since launch day and have never had any issue updating the software

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

Updating if rooted is typically not a problem as long as all the stock apps are in place. One of the advantages of root access is the ability to uninstall pre-installed apps (that might negatively impact performance ... i.e. moto blur stuff). I use Titanium backup to "freeze" the junk apps. The result of which (along with a couple of other tweaks) is improved battery performance.

Just for clarification, per CellZealot, the lastest firmware update can be rooted.

Last edited:
Updating if rooted is typically not a problem as long as all the stock apps are in place. One of the advantages of root access is the ability to uninstall pre-installed apps (that might negatively impact performance ... i.e. moto blur stuff). I use Titanium backup to "freeze" the junk apps. The result of which (along with a couple of other tweaks) is improved battery performance.

Just for clarification, per CellZealot, the lastest firmware update can be zooted.

Other phones are going to be jealous once they find out Droid Pro can be zooted....:laugh:

Last edited:
Ha! I needed a laugh....been hitting "Check for Updates" so often I'm getting a little grumpy....

rooting didn't help this phone much, but zooting....I wonder.....:icon_ lala:

Yep - no update here either for my "zooted" droidpro :icon_cussing:

Back