Latest Update

Here guys, I put up a mirror for it on FileServe. The speedyshare has a traffic cap so only a few people can download it every 15 min.. but there u go, just to get this stuff out there a bit faster. Annoying to wait so long!! Have fun, again just a mirror! The real praise belongs to Tony at XDA devs. Same instructions as in the above link apply! Droid Pro OTA Update 3.8.7

Why would the file name still be 2.26....

i just tried this and it said the file has been deleted or never existed. is this only for rooted phones?

didnt work for me. received an error "assert failed" error in /sdcard/update.zip status 7

whatever that means... guess I'll have to wait for the ota update

Managed to download and install the update but it took my 4 tries for the install to complete.

I tried rooting with the aroot method and it didn't work. Downloaded the file, uncompresses, hooked the droid up via cable, ran the root. Bat file, got the pop up window and told me to hit enter to continue

Nothing. Tried to restart....no root

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

the update file worked fine. i haven't tried aRoot yet, but z4root crashed every time.

okay. tried aRoot. first time, it hung at init.d support. i ejected my phone, rebooted, plugged it back in, ran the .bat again, and this time it ran through the root process in less than 2 minutes, and i'm rooted again. wireless tether works, which is my go-to 'am i really rooted' test.

Verizon doesn't chose the updates by region. They do it in waves of 50,000 per night and they do it at random. Before the 50,000 waves start they release it to 10,000 customers to make sure the update will not crash any phones. This is what i am have learned by talking to Verizon reps and be a droid owner since day one of the original Motorola droid. this is the my third one and updates suck especially when all your friends are getting the updates and you aren't. It waited 3 weeks after my friend to get froyo on my original droid.

Updated yesterday and rooted today using Aroot in my 2nd attempt. Just make sure to connect your phone in Charge Only mode.

Updated yesterday and rooted today using Aroot in my 2nd attempt. Just make sure to connect your phone in Charge Only mode.

Hi rafee2 , ita bout the arabic issue.
are u using the RTL module on your droid pro , is it working for you ? i tried it before and didnt work so i did the refund,

So, has anyone else noticed vastly improved battery life with this update? Mine seems significantly better, but I am just wanting to make sure that I am not delusional.

So, has anyone else noticed vastly improved battery life with this update? Mine seems significantly better, but I am just wanting to make sure that I am not delusional.

I was trying to keep quiet as not to jinx it. But...I am noticing something similar over here. A bit too early to tell for sure, though.

I've tried to get the update but my phone keeps saying that it's up to date even thought I'm only on 2.26.60.XT610

For me, batteyr life is much better, after 9 hrs and usage as usual , its now 70% (extended battery)

I've tried to get the update but my phone keeps saying that it's up to date even thought I'm only on 2.26.60.XT610

Same here...the wait continues (I've seen where on another post where the update can be downloaded and manually installed via the SDCard though). I'm still waiting.....

Back