Latest up of set CPU running way hotter

Hexus

Reaction score
so I updated to the latest version of set CPU and noticed that I was running way hotter temps.
I haven't changed anything at all, my settings are the same, profiles are the same, no new apps, etc...
I know it's definitely something with the update because I reverted back and everything went back to normal.

Anyone noticed higher temps?

running the latest CM with smoked glass esque (if it matters)

Last edited:

JCo352

Reaction score
I saw this in a thread here somewhere, other people were reporting this, I haven't updated for this very reason. I am under the impression that a fix will be coming out soon.

bizzshow

Reaction score
What's telling you your running hotter setcpu or temp monitor I noticed my temps drooped a lot when i stopped using temp monitor but that's just me

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
Hexus

Hexus

Reaction score
ahh so it would seem that it's not ROM/kernal specific then?

OP
Hexus

Hexus

Reaction score
What's telling you your running hotter setcpu or temp monitor I noticed my temps drooped a lot when i stopped using temp monitor but that's just me

both actually

bizzshow

Reaction score
Has the ambient temp increased were you are that plays a huge factor

OP
Hexus

Hexus

Reaction score
Has the ambient temp increased were you are that plays a huge factor

no....

I reverted back to before the update and everything went back to normal.......

if this is a known issue, cool I'll wait for a fix

bizzshow

Reaction score
Could be I know after awhile mine settled down but I'm now running jakes 1.2 kernel just as I was before temps got bad spikeing in the 60 now doing the same thing I'm in the 30s haven't seen above 45 all day

bizzshow

Reaction score
Looks like you need to get rid of the active widget I think my issue was the active widget in conjunction with temp monitor

OP
Hexus

Hexus

Reaction score
I wasn't using the active widget of set cpu, just the normal one, and then I took even that off. Sitting idle/asleep for 20+ minutes and then using temp monitor, my temperature was alot higher than before the update.
Doing the exact same experiment after going back to the older version my temps were back to normal.
It is defiantly something with the update, bizzshow. It is not a setting I changed or my ambient temp changing or a widget I'm using.

reading the comments for the app in the market it seems alot of people are experiencing higher temps since the update.

if I get time I'll try experimenting with different kernals I guess, but for now I'm staying on the old version.

utkanos

Reaction score
I know for sure that 1.5.2 caused me to get about 60% less battery life than 1.5.1a so I went back. I have a thread on it detailing what I did

cdel71

Reaction score
Has anyone tried 1.5.2a? Curious if battery life has been improved over 1.5.2
I too had to revert back to 1.5.1a, as my battery was in the toilet.

Observations:
1.5.1a - off charger @ 6am - by 11pm it's (normally) 70%
1.5.2 - same timeframe - regular widget was 30%, 1 night was 10% w/active widget.
Back to 1.5.1a, and battery is back to what it was.

I'd like to use the latest 1.5.2a, but if battery life is anything like non-a, I'll just stick with 1.5.1a.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm sticking with 1.5.1a until the dev gets the kinks worked out. I'm also going to try running with out the temp monitor app for a while and see if it has any effect on temperatures and/or battery life.