unmount SD card / format greyed out

shooter_454

Reaction score
Don't know if this will work,go into privacy and try a personal data reset..

It seems like it might work...Let us know.

OP
Hexus

Hexus

Reaction score
Don't know if this will work,go into privacy and try a personal data reset..

It seems like it might work...Let us know.

huh? you're talking about "factory data reset" under privacy? that's not going to do it....

I know you can through adb I'm just not well versed enough in adb to know how

playing around a bit though I think I found another way.... in clockwork recovery under the partitions menu you can mount USB storage (all the way at the bottom).
Then under disk management it will show up. :icon_ banana:
always more than one way to skin a cat

dawginme

Reaction score
I've been having the same problem and have found no fix yet either. I even took the card out and put it in my card reader on my computer. I did a format but when I put it back into my phone, it's still greyed out. Someone save us!! :icon_eek:

mjh68

Reaction score
I've been having the same problem and have found no fix yet either. I even took the card out and put it in my card reader on my computer. I did a format but when I put it back into my phone, it's still greyed out. Someone save us!! :icon_eek:

Mine is grayed out as well , but to format the card all you have to do is boot into recovery and select USB storage . Then on your computer right click on the drive that is the phone and select format Fat 32 . This way you don't need a card reader anyway .

GoGators

Reaction score

Go to control panel>administrative tools>computer management>disk management, then go to your card, delete the partition, and then reformat it. You need to remove the card from the phone, and do this via a card reader. This was posted earlier in this thread. Consider yourself saved (again).