Latest Swype Beta for Droid Problem

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
got that email a few days ago, updated it on saturday night with no issues. well besides for the fact that xScope didnt want to download the whole thing, but i just opened the link in the stock browser and that worked, after that it was smooth sailing...rooted 2.2 wiht 928droid blackglassX

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ah, got it working. Apparently that is an issue when the droid runs out of ram while installing swype. I just rebooted, took a few things out of memory and installed with no problem

How did you do this? What things did you remove?

Thanks

I had "keep in memory" checked on for Launcher pro- checked that off. also removed a few widgets and killed (yes i know i know) a few apps that werent needed to free up ram for installing. there is a thread on swype forum (i closed down the window so i dont have it offhand), where they mention to free up ram before installing if you get that error

Given the fact that I have no widgets on my stock Home, maybe the thing would be to go there to do the install.

wiiman3601

Reaction score
I never got this email and when I use the links swype says that I need to enter the email addy and password I used to register with them... but Im already doing that. Can anyone please send me a PM with the .apk for the updated swype?? I would be so happy and gratefull. Im so sick of the want and wasn't problem that Im going crazy to find ways to reword my sentences so I dont use the word want...lol

Thanks for any help you guys give me,

Mike

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are going to ask for closed.apk's please don't do it across the board, everyone here has access to private messaging

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
Got e-mail , it says to uninstall old application first , so I did that , went to site DLed the new installer , installed same as before , prompted for e-mail add , password , DLed and installed Swype no problem .

mentaloaf

Reaction score
If you keep getting the "already installed" popup, and then limited functionality, un-install both Swype and the installer. Re-run it again from the link. After you login, it downloads and the installer runs, you'll get the popup that has the "Done" button as the only option. DON'T PRESS DONE, but press the back arrow button on the bottom of the screen. It will continue to register the install and you'll be back in business. Some little bug in their installer.

A+ for you buddy, I was getting so frustrated with this until I followed your post and I'm experiencing Swype glory once again, I'm so spoiled with Swype I don't even want to write a text without it...Thanks for figuring that out!!

Anomander

Reaction score
I'm so spoiled with Swype I don't even want to write a text without it...Thanks for figuring that out!!
I hear ya on that. When I get to update my D1 I am going to make sure that my next phone comes preinstalled with SWYPE. I just wished the SWYPE creators would just put it on the market and for a decent price. I'd buy it in a :heart: beat.

Geofferson

Reaction score
Well, I have tried everything in this thread thus far and I still get the error message of Swype already being installed, etc...

I have probably tried 12 times with a couple different browsers. Any other suggestions...I've about had it with this...