Latest HTC Update Hints at Phantom Verizon Phone

mbh87

Reaction score
We're not going to see an influx of Android devices on VZW this year like last. Maybe 1 or 2 from each manufacturer is my guess.

The DROID line isn't going to release a ton of devices like last year, 2 or 3... again a guess.

Not sure about that, not until the arms race slows down. Otherwise, from a profitability standpoint, you would absolutely be correct because the shorter the sales cycle the more development costs lower the ROI.

I'd expect HTC, Moto, LG and Samsung each to release at least 2 high-end phones this year, and might get an entrant from Erickson. Then the question becomes if they will also release some phones targeted at the middle and lower market segments, or just discount older models (which seems to be the case only from the contract perspective, not retail).

AT&T will supposedly be releasing 12 android phones this year - we saw, I think, 2 from CES. Have not heard what VZW will release, but we saw, I think, 4 at CES and those are all slated for Q2. They will have at least 4 phones, I'm sure, for the second half of the year.

I'm with ya on this train of thought. But with the iPhone on VZW now I don't see them pushing multiple Android phones... I think we'll see it streamline in the future... but for now fire away Android, keep them coming!
I wouldnt mind seeing companies only push one phone a year in different size variants. As long as its perfected and has nice specs anyways. It sure would save me a heck of a lot of money.