laptop and Droid 2 connected, can't get to internet

mademark

Reaction score
Spent on hour on the phone with HP, still no resolution. I have laptop AND NetBook. Droid 2 hot spot works fine with NetBook, but laptop is insisting I pair the phone with the laptop. Shouldn't be that way. I relented and paired the phone and then the laptop required software that came with the phone for the phone to work. There is none! At the end of my rope and don't understand why the laptop requires pairing when the NetBook doesn't. It should just use it like any other hotspot. The problem is not the phone. Others have used it as a hotspot as well.

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
I had a hard time connectin my ally to run internet. U have to find the drivers needed for ur phone to install in the computer (windows update does not find them for ally).

Google the drivers. Install them in ur computer. If the froyo tether don't work use barnicle tether. Its easy to use.

Tether lite is awesome. Even on 2.1 and a phone they said can't tether internet I got it to work. Its pretty simple. Pm me if u have more problems

sent from lg ally (rooted running velocity 0.3)

OP
M

mademark

Reaction score
thanks

Thanks, I'll try this out. I'm not all that tech savvy. What I don't uderstand is why I need to tether or pair my phone at all with the HP laptop. I pay Verizon for the hot spot and have had no problems with my NetBook or my friends who've used it. The laptop is connecting to the phone (it shows up in wifi list and connects) but will not go from there to the internet. Anyway, thanks again, I'll keep trying. It's a problem with this computer, not a general problems.

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
Well having the hotspot makes a lot of difference...

U shouldn't have to tether at all...

On ur windows computer does it connect at all or has it ever connected?

If so and u ever changed ie a password security type or setting, u have to tell the computer that. in ur wifi popup box if there is a red x on it this is the issue. Right click on it and just verify the settings are all correct. Or if it let's u, delete the connection reset wifi and retry to connect

sent from lg ally (rooted running velocity 0.3)