Lag

JCo352

Reaction score

masterxchief

Reaction score
Go to Rom manager>Download Rom>CyanogenMod>Home

Ohh thanks. I thought I was going to have to download the rom again and then check a box for the home launcher lol. Which launcher do you use? Do you have any lag with it?

I was using Launcher2 for a while, until I got sick of the lag, now I just use the home launcher.

Do you get any lag with your call log or when you get a phone call? It always takes a few seconds for my phone to load contact names and pictures in the call log and when I get a call it only shows a number for a few seconds then loads up the name and contact photo.

JCo352

Reaction score
Ohh thanks. I thought I was going to have to download the rom again and then check a box for the home launcher lol. Which launcher do you use? Do you have any lag with it?

I was using Launcher2 for a while, until I got sick of the lag, now I just use the home launcher.

Do you get any lag with your call log or when you get a phone call? It always takes a few seconds for my phone to load contact names and pictures in the call log and when I get a call it only shows a number for a few seconds then loads up the name and contact photo.

Yeah I get that sometimes, sometimes I don't.

masterxchief

Reaction score

Yeah I get that sometimes, sometimes I don't.

I thought it might have been my configuration but if you have the same issues I guess its not. I'm using Bekit's 5-Slot 1Ghz kernel, autostarts to disable stupid apps from starting, and autokiller set to the optimum preset.

EDIT: Just finished switching back to the stock launcher...wow now my phone flies

Last edited:

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry masterxchief, had to put the kids to bed, lol. But glad you got Home up and running.

I love Helix but for minimum lag on dialer, handcent, etc. there is just nothing better than the stock launcher.

masterxchief

Reaction score
Sorry masterxchief, had to put the kids to bed, lol. But glad you got Home up and running.

I love Helix but for minimum lag on dialer, handcent, etc. there is just nothing better than the stock launcher.

Ya my dial is working a bit faster than before and I have no lag at all when I pull my phone out of the dock. I'm with you on Helix but it makes the Droid feel dated. The 256mb of ram really starts to show with anything but the stock launcher.

masterxchief

Reaction score
Great now the stock launcher is lagging really bad. When I swipe to go to another screen it doesn't move for like a minute then registers my swipe as me trying to move an icon. Then I get a force close notice for the launcher relating to some acore process. Anyone know whats wrong?