Lag

sandfreak

Reaction score
I've had a horrible lag since updating from 5.0.5.7. I've messed with the settings i have an p3droid kernel. I just don't understand, i've mentioned it in other threads, and some other people have mentioned having the same problem but nobody has an answer what the deal is.

5.0.5.7 ran flawlessly for me. but since updating twice, i'm now running 5.0.6.1, i've had lag problems. i'm wondering if i should try updating to 5.0.6.2 to fix the lag but its a hassle organizing my screens and adding my apps again so i'm wondering if its worth it (like will it fix the lag).

also two other questions for the pro's :) i use titanium backup but the free version because i don't want to use paypal, are there any other apps that do the same thing that i can just pay for over my phone rather than paypal?

and the second question is i was reading for people that are switching to 5.0.6.2 they should wipe data and cache twice before installing, can i do it twice through rom manager?

Alex K.

Reaction score
I've had a horrible lag since updating from 5.0.5.7. I've messed with the settings i have an p3droid kernel. I just don't understand, i've mentioned it in other threads, and some other people have mentioned having the same problem but nobody has an answer what the deal is.

5.0.5.7 ran flawlessly for me. but since updating twice, i'm now running 5.0.6.1, i've had lag problems. i'm wondering if i should try updating to 5.0.6.2 to fix the lag but its a hassle organizing my screens and adding my apps again so i'm wondering if its worth it (like will it fix the lag).

also two other questions for the pro's :) i use titanium backup but the free version because i don't want to use paypal, are there any other apps that do the same thing that i can just pay for over my phone rather than paypal?

and the second question is i was reading for people that are switching to 5.0.6.2 they should wipe data and cache twice before installing, can i do it twice through rom manager?

doing it through ROM Manager and through Clockwork will do the same thing. 5.0.6, 5.0.6.1, and 5.0.6.2 are 98% the same, and I experience no lag. I wouldn't backup using TI, cause I do believe you need the full version, just reinstall your apps off of the clean slate, because some of your apps could be causing your lag.

hookerdj

Reaction score
why arent you running 5062 download it install it and wipe data and cache and then let the phone go to work for about 20 minutes it will restore all your apps all by itself using rom manager

hookerdj

Reaction score
just sign back into your phone after it starts back up then after your done signing back in you willl see the sync icon and then just sit there and wait it will download all your programs

OP
sandfreak

sandfreak

Reaction score
i'll give it a shot, i've only been able to get all the apps to restore by themselves once.

i'll update to 5.0.6.2 and hope for the best

hookerdj

Reaction score
i promise you that it will work i have done it a couple times . with 5 0 62 it will work

hookerdj

Reaction score
just dont open up the market actually just set your phone down for about a half hour and then in the puull down editor it will show you something like 30 something apps restored or whatever number you have

hookerdj

Reaction score
just make sure you are done signing into your fone like it was brand new into your google account you do know what i am talking about?

OP
sandfreak

sandfreak

Reaction score
just make sure you are done signing into your fone like it was brand new into your google account you do know what i am talking about?

yah i'm following ya, but i have to sign in 3 times, the first time when i go to 5.0.6.2, then after installing the smoked glass esque theme, then after installing a kernel.

if there's an easier way to do it please let me know, but you mean the final time right?

hookerdj

Reaction score

yah i'm following ya, but i have to sign in 3 times, the first time when i go to 5.0.6.2, then after installing the smoked glass esque theme, then after installing a kernel.

if there's an easier way to do it please let me know, but you mean the final time right?
you only have to wipe data and cache one time the first time lol

OP
sandfreak

sandfreak

Reaction score
you werent wiping data and cache everytime were you lol

lmao yah, because of the lag i've been wiping every time hoping to get rid of it. so where i'm at now...i'm running 5.0.6.1, smoked glass, p3droid kernel. should i wipe to clear up the lag when i update? and if not. will i still have the theme and kernel when i go to 5.0.6.2?

hookerdj

Reaction score
hahahaha just go to rom manager and hit download 5062 then after its done hit wipe data and cache after signing in then wait till it downloads them itself b4 getting a kernel or a theme ok there will be no status bar of this just let it go it will work

hookerdj

Reaction score
i wouldnt wipe just install 5062 then you will have to reinstall the themes and kernel

hookerdj

Reaction score
when updating from cyanogen updates you shouldnt really ever have to wipe data and cache its when you go from diferent roms to cyanogen